Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1435

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

That's what I'm talking about MO, but the target should be a set of options for price movement.

But how do you know them?

I would compare the market with a game like soccer or basketball, if the market was completely speculative, then you had to predict the action of a big player baffled to ruin a lot of small ones, then you could count on playing against the obvious statistics, but Forex is not very speculative.

govich:

But how do you recognize them?

I would compare the market to a game like soccer or basketball, if the market was completely speculative, then you had to predict the action of a big player baffled to ruin a mass of small players, then you could count on playing against the obvious statistics, but Forex is not very speculative.

So what's the problem with predicting what will happen if we pass the ball to one player or the other-the greater the depth of the prediction, the greater the probabilities simply. If we have some kind of plan, we understand our risk, and we can work the money into a series of trades rather than a trade, considering the aggregate financial outcome per prediction.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So what's the problem with predicting what will happen if we pass the ball to one player or the other-the greater the depth of the prediction, the greater the probabilities simply. If we have some kind of plan, then we understand our risk, and we can work with the money not on a trade, but on a series of trades, considering the cumulative financial result per prediction.

Is the market aware of your plans? By the way, it has long been known that the deeper the forecast, the less reliable it is. And you are talking about series.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Is the market aware of your plans? By the way, it has long been known that the greater the depth of the forecast, the less reliable it is. And you're talking about the series).

The market does not need it - the market director must be worried.)

Are there so few people in Russia who are seriously engaged in MO or aspire to it (with brains) rather than mindlessly applying models to anything and everything?

strange, why the topic does not attract really knowledgeable people who can throw some normal information, but only trolls and some obscurantists coddling. Or they are not interested in this format of communication / cooperation. Realistically, for all this time, not a single expert did not write even in person.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Are there so few people in Russia who are seriously engaged in MI or aspire to it (with brains) rather than mindlessly applying models to anything and everything?

strange, why the topic does not attract really smart people who can throw some normal information, but only trolls. Or they are not interested in this format of communication / cooperation. Realistically, during all this time, none of the experts have not written, not even in person.

I am also genuinely perplexed.

I went to a forum of experts like Prival and Matemat, and came to the forum of Alesh and Indians. It's a paradox!

Alexander_K:

I am also genuinely perplexed.

I went to a forum of experts like Prival and Matemat, and came to a forum of Alesh and Indians. It's a paradox!

Alexander, you are about to be followed by Alesh's tail, like a school of fish clinging to a whale.

not all Alyoshes are concerned ))

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Alexander, you are about to be followed by Alesh's tail here, like a flock of fish clinging to a whale.

Honestly, I sometimes think that there are only 5-10 people on this forum who wander from topic to topic. Plus the Hindu, but he ran away.

Alexander_K:

Honestly, I sometimes think there are only 5-10 people on this forum who wander from topic to topic. Plus the Hindu, but he's gone.

Apparently, the crisis has squeezed everyone so hard that they are like Kesha's son have to SURVIVE and they do not care about creativity

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Apparently, the crisis has put so much pressure on everyone that they, like Kesha's son, have to SURVIVE and have no time for creativity.

:)))) Kesha is SanSanych's grandson, on whose pension he is surviving. Aliosha has had his ears ruined by investors, the teacher is at a car wash, and Koldun is in the woods, in a bathhouse. Who else? I can't say anything about Doc. I don't know.

No sign of him on the English-language thread, either? I will go and check.