*.hcc file is missing (deleted)

I have noticed that the "*.hcc" files have been deleted from History folder. The old ones, before 2018.

I have these files backup in another folder and I copied it again to the History folder, however MT5 had deleted the files again.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Guilherme Mendonca:

I have noticed that the "*.hcc" files have been deleted from History folder. The old ones, before 2018.

I have these files backup in another folder and I copied it again to the History folder, however MT5 had deleted the files again.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

What broker ?

Alain Verleyen #:
What broker ?

XP Investimentos, from Brazil.

Name at platform: XPMT5-PRD

I tried to close the MT5 terminal, then copied the 2017.hcc file to history folder again, but when I open the MT5 terminal, the file is deleted.

It looks like something inside MT5 allows at most last 5 years.

Before:

After opened MT5 Terminal:

Guilherme Mendonca #: It looks like something inside MT5 allows at most last 5 years.

I don't think so. On my broker I had ".hcc" files as far back as 2013 and when I brought up the Symbols Properties and went to the Bars section and requested data from 2008, it download much more than I requested and now I have ".hcc" files as far back as 2001 to 2022.

So, its not a MT5 issue. It might be a Broker issue.

EDIT: By the way, I'm using build 3211. What build are you using?

EDIT2: The above ".hcc" test was for GBPUSD. I don't have any experience with the Brazilian market or brokers.

Files may be automatically deleted if they are corrupt or have some other anomaly.

Guilherme Mendonca #:

XP Investimentos, from Brazil.

Name at platform: XPMT5-PRD

I tried to close the MT5 terminal, then copied the 2017.hcc file to history folder again, but when I open the MT5 terminal, the file is deleted.

It looks like something inside MT5 allows at most last 5 years.

Before:

After opened MT5 Terminal:

What symbol is this ?

You should talk to your broker, as Fernando said it's not a global MT5 issue but something related to the broker.