automatic backtest with different parameters sets

I have my EA working. Let assume it has 2 parameters, both 1..3 => 9 combinations. I would like to backtest all combinations and see which one gives the best result. How to do this? Where should I start - maybe run somehow single pass and store results? I have a developer experience and I can use external tools (outside Metatrader).

And next steps would be to backtest all 9 combinations with all symbols available in broker :)

pkoral:I have my EA working. Let assume it has 2 parameters, both 1..3 => 9 combinations. I would like to backtest all combinations and see which one gives the best result. How to do this? Where should I start - maybe run somehow single pass and store results? I have a developer experience and I can use external tools (outside Metatrader). And next steps would be to backtest all 9 combinations with all symbols available in broker :)

The use the built-in "Optimizations" feature of the Strategy Tester, where you select each parameter you want to optimise and select the minium, maximum and step values for each of the parameters. It will then run each pass and record the metrics and present them to you in a table or graph form.

Strategy Optimization - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
Strategy Optimization - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Strategy Tester allows you to test and optimize trading strategies ( Expert Advisors ) before using them for live trading. During testing, an...