Strategy Tester Extremely Slow

Hi,

Since the MT5 update in January my EA strategy tester visualization has been extremely slow, it takes a few minutes to run through an hourly bar. 

Even running the strategy tester without visualization the backtest is slower than it was before the update. 

Is there something else that I need to update or settings that need to change in order to fix this issue? everything was working perfectly before the update in January.

Thanks

Ross Adam Langlands Nelson: Since the MT5 update in January my EA strategy tester visualization has been extremely slow, it takes a few minutes to run through an hourly bar. 

Even running the strategy tester without visualization the backtest is slower than it was before the update.  Is there something else that I need to update or settings that need to change in order to fix this issue? everything was working perfectly before the update in January.

What build of MetaTrader are you using?

Hopefully you are not testing on a "beta" build which is usually less stable due to newer functionality.

Such slow downs are usually a sign that something is incorrectly coded in your EA and that the newer functionality is colliding with that "incorrectness".