Best Demo Account for M1 history data

Hello all this is my first post. First of all thanks to everyone sharing so much good information in this great forum ! I have been trying to work with demo accounts and see if I can download and work with M1 history data - all I am trying to do is go back to year 2010 and for each day at 12:00 just print the M1 open/high/low/close to compare with some other M1 data I have from MT4. Even for this simple task I have encountered these problems :

• first tried with Alpari demo on server "Alpari-MT5" : many missing days at 12:00 M1 - sometimes months missing
  • then tried with MetaQuotes demo on server "MetaQuotes-Demo" : almost all days printed, comparisons look very good, but for some strange reason pairs such as GBPNZD / GBPAUD / etc. are simply not there, even when showing all symbols
  • back to Alpari demo this time on server "Alpari-Ltd-Demo" : almost all days printed, comparisons look good back to April 2012, but their server time must have changed around that time because earlier comparisons are not good at all

I like the MT5 strategy tester so far but beginning to wonder if getting good and stable M1 should be so challenging ! Just wondering if anyone can point me to a good choice of demo account with complete M1 history for all pairs, and known server time ?

Thanks ! 

fxtrio:

Hello all this is my first post. First of all thanks to everyone sharing so much good information in this great forum ! I have been trying to work with demo accounts and see if I can download and work with M1 history data - all I am trying to do is go back to year 2010 and for each day at 12:00 just print the M1 open/high/low/close to compare with some other M1 data I have from MT4. Even for this simple task I have encountered these problems :

• first tried with Alpari demo on server "Alpari-MT5" : many missing days at 12:00 M1 - sometimes months missing
  • then tried with MetaQuotes demo on server "MetaQuotes-Demo" : almost all days printed, comparisons look very good, but for some strange reason pairs such as GBPNZD / GBPAUD / etc. are simply not there, even when showing all symbols
  • back to Alpari demo this time on server "Alpari-Ltd-Demo" : almost all days printed, comparisons look good back to April 2012, but their server time must have changed around that time because earlier comparisons are not good at all

I like the MT5 strategy tester so far but beginning to wonder if getting good and stable M1 should be so challenging ! Just wondering if anyone can point me to a good choice of demo account with complete M1 history for all pairs, and known server time ?

Thanks ! 

1)  GBPNZD / GBPAUD / etc.  are exotic pairs; hence, you will need to pay for the data.

2) Don't trust MT4 data as MT5 data is more accurate. You can export MT5 data and import them onto your MT4 platform.

3) Pick a broker that you are going to trade with. Find out whether they have the day light saving.

4)  Design your trading strategies so that they can handle at least 15M gaps discrepancies. If your can't handle 1M gap, then chances are your strategy will not work on a real account. Different brokers have different price feeds, different servers, different liquid providers, and they can switch them at anytime. It is important to design your trading strategies for robustness under all conditions.

Never trust Demo Feed. Demo feed of mt is made to tease people. 

I'm very sorry for the late reply - thanks very much to both for the good suggestions and ideas ! I will make sure to take into consideration . . .