Brand new and not used to platforms like this - want to subscribe to signal, but how?

Hello all. Thank you in advance for helping me out. I am overwhelmed and almost anxious looking at this platform. I have overcome bigger things though, so with a little help, I should be able to be able =D

Basically, I want to be able to copytrade someone or subscribe to signals (Is that the same?)

I have MQL5, but I am not sure my account is a real account or a demo - how do I check and how do I change it?

I installed Metatrader 5 and have the same problem - I don't know how to make my account a real one. (I HAVE traded in the past but through eToro which is a lot easier. I do not need to learn about markets)

I have transferred some money to MQL, but when clicking on "subscribe for 40 usd" on a signal person, I am sent to MT5 and nothing happens.

I hope someone can guide me through or in easy steps explain what I need to do next to get going with this :)

Thank you so much!

Mette Nomad:

Hello all. Thank you in advance for helping me out. I am overwhelmed and almost anxious looking at this platform. I have overcome bigger things though, so with a little help, I should be able to be able =D

Basically, I want to be able to copytrade someone or subscribe to signals (Is that the same?)

I have MQL5, but I am not sure my account is a real account or a demo - how do I check and how do I change it?

I installed Metatrader 5 and have the same problem - I don't know how to make my account a real one. (I HAVE traded in the past but through eToro which is a lot easier. I do not need to learn about markets)

I have transferred some money to MQL, but when clicking on "subscribe for 40 usd" on a signal person, I am sent to MT5 and nothing happens.

I hope someone can guide me through or in easy steps explain what I need to do next to get going with this :)

Thank you so much!

You don't convert your demo account from MetaQuotes into a "real" one. You have search for a broker that offers MetaTrader as a platform to trade their Market instruments and you open up a new account with that broker.

Find one that is reputable and regulated properly. Don't just accept any website you may find at face value. Do research into the broker and don't accept "advice" from random "agents" telling you to invest with "their" broker.

Mette Nomad:

Thank you so much!

You need a broker account first, and you have to top up that account balance and also MQL5. MQL5 account balance will only used for to make payment of certain services like signals or robot EA e.t.c. 
I would suggest you to use ECN broker.  

Ok - great - thank you so much for taking time to reply. I am looking at brokers who don't require tax numbers because I am in the process of becoming a mexican citizen and I don't have my tax number yet.

I am looking at BD Swiss. (I do understand that there is a higher risk involved when choosing an offshore broker!)

Any thoughts on this? Thank you :)

Mette Nomad #:

Ok - great - thank you so much for taking time to reply. I am looking at brokers who don't require tax numbers because I am in the process of becoming a mexican citizen and I don't have my tax number yet.

I am looking at BD Swiss. (I do understand that there is a higher risk involved when choosing an offshore broker!)

Any thoughts on this? Thank you :)

Discussion (and especially the recommendations) about the brokers is prohibited on the forum.
You can find some other forums which are specialized on the discussions about the brokers and ask their advice.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Demo account no crypto quotes anymore?

Sergey Golubev, 2022.02.08 12:13

The symbols are related to the broker: one broker is providing cryptos for traders, the other brokers - not.
So, you can create the demo account with the broker which is providing it.

----------------

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.
Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

7. My list of brokers: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/353226/page3

Sergey Golubev #:

Discussion (and especially the recommendations) about the brokers is prohibited on the forum.
You can find some other forums which are specialized on the discussions about the brokers and ask their advice.

Sorry. I'll stick to the step by step topic then :)