MQL5 VPS goes lazy and re saving settings wakes it up

As the title.

I'm using a EA that opens and closes trades

At first i thought it was a weird coincidence.

However, if i leave the settings and the VPS it will open the odd trade here and there.

If i go in to MT5 and sync the settings with the MQL5 VPS it seems to wake it up and make more frequent trades.

Secondly, how can you connect it to MyFXBooks? MQL5 VPS does not support DLL files which MyFXBooks EA seems to be based on, i did find a trick that allowed me to drop MyFxBooks EA, sync my current settings and then attache the MYFXBooks EA to a chart without syncing and this worked however it only worked when my local instance was running, which for my use is fine as it pulled in the data and history upon manual sync. This no longer works, i'm getting status error 502 and it's saying it cannot call 'toggledebug'

I really want to speak someone in the support team about this, obviously i'm paying for a service that doesn't seem to be working right. But the chat is a loop and you are unable to talk to a advisor.

The more pressing issue is that the VPS seems to go in to lazy mode and resyncing settings wakes it up and increases frequency of trades until it goes in to lazy mode once again.

ChrisC30A:

As the title.

I'm using a EA that opens and closes trades

At first i thought it was a weird coincidence.

However, if i leave the settings and the VPS it will open the odd trade here and there.

If i go in to MT5 and sync the settings with the MQL5 VPS it seems to wake it up and make more frequent trades.

Secondly, how can you connect it to MyFXBooks? MQL5 VPS does not support DLL files which MyFXBooks EA seems to be based on, i did find a trick that allowed me to drop MyFxBooks EA, sync my current settings and then attache the MYFXBooks EA to a chart without syncing and this worked however it only worked when my local instance was running, which for my use is fine as it pulled in the data and history upon manual sync. This no longer works, i'm getting status error 502 and it's saying it cannot call 'toggledebug'

I really want to speak someone in the support team about this, obviously i'm paying for a service that doesn't seem to be working right. But the chat is a loop and you are unable to talk to a advisor.

The more pressing issue is that the VPS seems to go in to lazy mode and resyncing settings wakes it up and increases frequency of trades until it goes in to lazy mode once again.

MQL5 VPS does not go lazy, check your EA's code please.

If your EA is working fine and the migration to MQL5 VPS is done successfully it should work smoothly.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

MQL5 VPS does not go lazy, check your EA's code please.

If your EA is working fine and the migration to MQL5 VPS is done successfully it should work smoothly.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not convinced it's the EA, purely based on if i was to click the migrate button forcing it to resync the charts, settings, EA without changing any settings the frequency of trades increases.

Surely if a EA works, it works?  Not sure how time affects the EA to not trade so frequent.

ChrisC30A #: Surely if a EA works, it works? 

Surely, if the EA is coded correctly, it works correctly!