Metatrader 5 no longer downloads history - page 2

Manuel Alejandro Cercos Perez #:

They expire after some time with no trading activity, you would need to open a new one

How could  a DEMO account have any trading activity (real, live) if its purpose is normally just to test strategies, learning the operation of the software, etc?

Pafun Leal #:
How could  a DEMO account have any trading activity (real, live) if its purpose is normally just to test strategies, learning the operation of the software, etc?

It seems strange, but nevertheless demo accounts expire in most brokers.

Anthony De Barros:
Hello,

When I want to do a backtest on the last 3 months, Metatrader 5 tells me that it does not have the historical data.

I deleted all the historical directory to force the download, but now it has no data and no longer downloads.
I deactivate Kaspersky thinking that it is blocking the download of given but nothing changes.

Today I can no longer test any Expert Advisor because there is no more data.

Thanks for your help
I have the same problem. Yesterday everything worked fine and today when opening a new chart, the history does not load.

The problem is the broker's MT5.  I opened my ICMarkets account with another broker's MT5 and it uploaded the history.

So, the MT5 downloaded from Metatrader site - the most update one - does not interact properly with the broker´s databases or interfaces?

Difficult to understand this possibility.

I open a demo account at Metatrade and it works fine.

I believe there is some problem with the archives in a specific folder for the specific problematic account.

What is the problem? I believe it is up to the metatrader team to find and orient us, as there are many people with this issue.

They do an excellent job with the platform, so I believe they will soon find it out and release an update that fixes problems instead of creating them.

Antonio Simon Del Vecchio #:
The problem is the broker's MT5.  I opened my ICMarkets account with another broker's MT5 and it uploaded the history.

It seems you were correct.

All is back working here with the ICM accounts.

Very sad that a broker service can cause so much stress during so much time.

Shame! But it is a freeservice anyway.

Hi, 

I was dealing with this issue as well, for the second time already but I forgot how to fix it. I was reading through all of the comments in this thread until Antonio mentioned that switching between brokers fixed the problem. So what I did to fix the issue, is not switching from brokers but the server you are connected to in the bottom right. Problem solved :)

Paulus Berend Marcus Vossenberg #:

Hi, 

I was dealing with this issue as well, for the second time already but I forgot how to fix it. I was reading through all of the comments in this thread until Antonio mentioned that switching between brokers fixed the problem. So what I did to fix the issue, is not switching from brokers but the server you are connected to in the bottom right. Problem solved :)

This actually fixed my problem as well, thank you so much!

i had the same issue, i deleted the demo account from mt5 and logged back in, issuse seems resolved