Optimization cannot be started

Hi,

I tried setting up an EA and I got "Optimization cannot be started" or "no optimized parameter selected, please check input(s) to be optimized and set start, step and stop values" and that's on the Example EAs. 

How do I fix this?

moradan:

Hi,

I tried setting up an EA and I got "Optimization cannot be started" or "no optimized parameter selected, please check input(s) to be optimized and set start, step and stop values" and that's on the Example EAs. 

How do I fix this?

You need to tick some parameters to be optimized and select start, step and stop values for them.

Optimization can't work when no optimizable parameters are selected.

moradan:

In strategy tester you can do backtest or you can do optimization of the expert parameters . If you just want to backtest different parameter values input by you , the "Optimization" small box must be unchecked (empty) . If you want to do automatic optimization of parameters , the "Optimization" box must be checked and also the parameters you want  to optimize . If the "Optimization" box is checked and no parameter is selected for optimization , you will get that error . 

Optimization box is located under the "Spread" setting in strategy tester in MT4 .

Catalin Zachiu #:

In strategy tester you can do backtest or you can do optimization of the expert parameters . If you just want to backtest different parameter values input by you , the "Optimization" small box must be unchecked (empty) . If you want to do automatic optimization of parameters , the "Optimization" box must be checked and also the parameters you want  to optimize . If the "Optimization" box is checked and no parameter is selected for optimization , you will get that error . 

Optimization box is located under the "Spread" setting in strategy tester in MT4 .

Thanks. I'm running a backtest on the mt5 but my broker's mt4 somehow doesn't have the "Optimization" box. Maybe it's an older version.

moradan #:
Thanks. I'm running a backtest on the mt5 but my broker's mt4 somehow doesn't have the "Optimization" box. Maybe it's an older version.

Enlarge the strategy tester window in height and you will see it.