LOT SIZE cause different result ??

hi , 

ex: you are using 1 lot for eurusd and and you change it into 0.1 lot to backtest, the result are totally different and the smaller lot are Margincall ( using martingale )

have you ever experience this ???

in theori it should be porpotionally the same profit percentage right ??does anyone know why and how ??

No, it should not be propotional, esp. in martingale.

The order of wins and losses is same for each test, but the small wins with 0.1 lot, became big wins with 1 lot, which help it sustain and not receive the margin call. This is pure luck. it doesn't mean that you should start with 1 lot.

Amir Yacoby #:

No, it should not be propotional, esp. in martingale.

The order of wins and losses is same for each test, but the small wins with 0.1 lot, became big wins with 1 lot, which help it sustain and not receive the margin call. This is pure luck. it doesn't mean that you should start with 1 lot.

HI amir, the problem are, the smaller lot are margin call and the higher lot are not margin call, base on our backtest , 

the normal lot example are 1 lot and cutloss are 1000 usd ( it did not hit the cutloss)

when we bakctest again in 0.1 lot and setting the cutloss 100 usd. ( and it hit the cutloss, )

this make me wonder why?

can you explain to me?

do you have a same experience ??

using martinagle 

EddyDAHSYAT #:

HI amir, the problem are, the smaller lot are margin call and the higher lot are not margin call, base on our backtest , 

the normal lot example are 1 lot and cutloss are 1000 usd ( it did not hit the cutloss)

when we bakctest again in 0.1 lot and setting the cutloss 100 usd. ( and it hit the cutloss, )

this make me wonder why?

can you explain to me?

do you have a same experience ??

using martinagle 

Don't know why you increased the stop loss by a factor of 10, but if so you should also increase the starting balance by same factor.

hi , 

ex: you are using 1 lot for eurusd and and you change it into 0.1 lot to backtest, the result are totally different and the smaller lot are Margincall ( using martingale )

have you ever experience this ???

in theori it should be porpotionally the same profit percentage right ??does anyone know why and how ??

As I said, If you change the starting lot from 1 to 0.1, and the stoploss from 1000$ to 100$ you should change the initial balance as well by the same proportion in the tester.