MT5 unable to connect at all! - page 2

Fabio Cavalloni #:

Only two possible reasons:

• MT5 do some connections to metaquotes in order to works and metaqutoe's IPS blocks or blacklists some public IP based on some criterias.
  • Global routing problems for some ISP.
The only solution, that is not a solution but a boring workaround, is to use a VPS to be on internet with another public IP.

Thanks for answering.

My backup vps from other providers as well as my machines connected to internet at home are luckily working fine as a temporary workaround. 

I don't have a clue about IPs.

I just hope that over time I can reuse the vps as I did in previous weeks?

amando #:
Do you use a fritz box? I read something in the german forum
I rented a VPS; not using a fritz box; connecting with mt5 at home works fine in my case.

Pieter Mergenthaler #:

Thanks for answering.

My backup vps from other providers as well as my machines connected to internet at home are luckily working fine as a temporary workaround. 

I don't have a clue about IPs.

I just hope that over time I can reuse the vps as I did in previous weeks?

It depends...

If metaquotes never unban your IP and your IP is static and will never change, you will not be able to connect.

In my case, IP is dynamic but only my ISP decide when to change it (it can remain the same for weeks).

look into proxxies. I do not have 1 presently, but a few years ago, i had such a pesky public ip address, and I was able to make a semi permanent workaround by creating a proxy, and added in the proxy address into mt4 options. This meant that the broker used the proxy address, and not my isp ip.