Making progress with EA, however can computer settings or mt settings impair an EA's consistency? - page 2

Soul8 #:Oh I am guessing you mean on 6 months worth of data...ya, that isn't the issue so much as the ea actually placing the trade.

Soul8 #:
Is the EA giving you any errors? Or is not taking the trades it should take… did you orderd the strategy to the coder? Or you just bought the EA ?!

Daniel Cioca #:
Is the EA giving you any errors? Or is not taking the trades it should take… did you orderd the strategy to the coder? Or you just bought the EA ?!

Both, we get errors show up in the logs sometimes, sometimes it just doesn't place the trade, it is an ea that we ordered through a coder

Soul8 #:
What errors? 

Daniel Cioca #:
What errors?

In past versions we were getting some like invalid price...not sure that is still a thing. I know a lot of times when the ea doesn't place the trade, there is not any evidence of it missing anything in the expert or journal log. It's as though it never tried. I really appreciate you helping me :)

Soul8 #:
I’m trying to help… not sure how though… 😁

Daniel Cioca #:
I’m trying to help… not sure how though… 😁

Haha are you a coder yourself? One important question I have is, if this ea is working properly for my coder on his broker, should it at least be placing the trades consistently on my broker? It is not doing that and he is suggesting it is a broker issue.

Soul8 #:
I don’t think so… it will be a difference in return/drawdown etc… but it should not fail in taking trades… and it should not give errors … I’m not a coder… I’m am only doing it as a hobby… 😁…  

Daniel Cioca #:
I don’t think so… it will be a difference in return/drawdown etc… but it should not fail in taking trades… and it should not give errors … I’m not a coder… I’m am only doing it as a hobby… 😁… 

OK ty, ya he is saying it is a broker issue as to why it isn't placing the trades in the first place.

You can post your errors/ code here… maybe some of the experienced coders will like to help you… some of them will be angry though and send you to freelance section again… 😁… try… if I will know what to answer, I will … good luck