Problem in changing the spread in the strategy tester of MT5

Hi,

I want to test my expert advisor in the strategy tester of MT5. However, when backtesting on any Forex instruments, I always get a fixed spread of 50. I tried to change the spread of the symbol but it seems that the strategy tester always uses a spread of 50. Do you know what is wrong? Thanks.

Hadi Hadizadeh:

Hi,

I want to test my expert advisor in the strategy tester of MT5. However, when backtesting on any Forex instruments, I always get a fixed spread of 50. I tried to change the spread of the symbol but it seems that the strategy tester always uses a spread of 50. Do you know what is wrong? Thanks.

You can't adjust MT5 strategy tester's spread, because it downloads tick data from your broker server so you have the real spread from the bid/ask prices.

Hello,
can't you create a custom symbol with a fixed spread? Do you need to change something else?
Does spread floating mean current spread?
Because my Broker just starts having the right spread from 2022.
2018 - 2022 is the spread 0 and the difference between bid and ask 0.2 points, so the testing results are unrealistic.

Thanks for answers;)

MasterTrader3000 #: can't you create a custom symbol with a fixed spread? Do you need to change something else? Does spread floating mean current spread? Because my Broker just starts having the right spread from 2022. 2018 - 2022 is the spread 0 and the difference between bid and ask 0.2 points, so the testing results are unrealistic. Thanks for answers;)

Please don't double post. I have already explained the issue on your thread ... MT5 Spread vs tester Spread

If you have further questions about it, then just continue posting on your thread.

MT5 Spread vs tester Spread
MT5 Spread vs tester Spread
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, im having a question regarding the tester and MetaTrader spread...