Procedure for acquiring market data

If I use a library that acquires market price data such as iMA (), what kind of processing is actually done after that? (What kind of procedure is used to acquire the data, not the calculation method?)

(1) For items such as iMA () whose data changes from moment to moment, There is no data on the PC(The PC on which the program is actually running), so I think that the PC is accessing some server via the network)
(2) However, when measuring the operation time of iMA () once, it is about several tens of nanoseconds (it is too short if data is acquired via the network).
(3) Also, if the operation of iMA () is repeated many times, the CPU of the operating PC will be overloaded, but the internet communication will not be overloaded (according to the task manager).

What I want to know
From the results of (2) and (3), it is unlikely that The PC are accessing any server over the Internet.
However, there should be no data on the PC. Where is the PC getting the data from?

Why I ask such a question.
When I create an inappropriate program (such as repeating iMA () many times) and actually execute it.
(1) Somewhere(net traffic or connection server) inconvenient
   or
(2) It only increases the load on my PC.

Thank you,

1. The broker's server sends updates to the terminal. That is how the terminal can draw a chart. Everything else is done with that data. The data is on your PC.

2. It takes nanoseconds to update the last value when the last candle/bar updates. The terminal only gets a few updates per second. No overload. I have (MT4) 60+ charts with nine (9) indicators (including one MTF) open on my (4 core) laptop, averaging 15% CPU, 109 MB RAM, 10 MB/s disk. (2020.06.19)