Fast Scanner. Possible? - page 2

galafron #:

I  just checked out my scanner, it tooks 4m 35s to scan all 1760 broker's symbols and less than 1G memory.  So it does not takes that much resources to find opportunities, the stress would be on the broker side should scanning become large scale practice.

It takes also analytic and coding skills, needless to say.

It's like mine more or less, but it crashes pc at less than 1000, but not for ram, for Disk, ram is not a big problem, the problem is Disk overload, but wherever the issue occurs it's the same thing, MT5 need to access hcc files where a Month for example needs a huge amount of M1 data which is tens of MB, so this process is heavy itself.

Jox90 #:

It's like mine more or less, but it crashes pc at less than 1000, but not for ram, for Disk, ram is not a big problem, the problem is Disk overload, but wherever the issue occurs it's the same thing, MT5 need to access hcc files where a Month for example needs a huge amount of M1 data which is tens of MB, so this process is heavy itself.

I  don't need one month of minute bars for all symbols to scan, for starter.  I don't need disk space either. 

galafron #:

I  don't need one month of minute bars for all symbols to scan, for starter.  I don't need disk space either. 

sent you a pm

galafron #:

I  just checked out my scanner, it tooks 4m 35s to scan all 1760 broker's symbols and less than 1G memory.  So it does not takes that much resources to find opportunities, the stress would be on the broker side should scanning become large scale practice.

It takes also analytic and coding skills, needless to say.

what info is your scanner outputting that can go over 1700 symbols in 4m35s without issue?

Mostly it uses standards MA and oscillators  like exponentials and ATR but there are many tricks to spare resources in the context of scanning,  many MQL5 functions consummes resources uselessly and  has to be avoided.

Having an HDD and not an SSD/nvm would be an issue with a mt5 scanner that uses iIndicator for thousands of symbols?

Jox90:
I would need a scanner for MT5 that scans 4000 symbols in MarketWatch and return the ones which have a signal given by an indicator using iCustom function. Would it be possible to make the scanner run fast even if iCustom is used and there are 4000 symbols? If it's not possible I would not even post the job in Freelance.

Yes, this could be done.

I use to scan 30 forex symbols through a "drag and drop" script but it would depend on how complex is the required condition.