Working EA? But unsure of commission

Hi friends

I successfully created my first EA. With an initial deposit of $1000 it creates a profit of $780 each month (using a spread of 0.1 pips). It has an average of 300 trades (round trip) per month. I am however not sure if it will work in a real life scenario. Do brokers (eg IC Markets) charge $3.5 per lot per side? Therefor $7x300 for the overall month? Cuz wow then it will kill my profit. Is there no better way to do it? Maybe I am missing something.

thanks a lot

It depends on which platform you use. If you use MT4, then the commission is not calculated. If you use MT5, then it is. You can see it on both platforms if you right click on the report after the backtest and download it as HTML. There you will see all your trades and also the commission.

Arthur Singer #:
It depends on which platform you use. If you use MT4, then the commission is not calculated. If you use MT5, then it is. You can see it on both platforms if you right click on the report after the backtest and download it as HTML. There you will see all your trades and also the commission.

oof yes I used MT4. 

Thanks for letting me know. I worked with 1 lot per trade and if I do the sum by hand it will be 1 lot x $7 x 300 trades. That is $2100 for commission in total. Is there no way around though? that just seems like an awful lot that the broker scores. Do professional developers have less trades, and do they prefer lower spreads or lower commission? 

I personally prefer lower spreads. The commission is actually fine if you look around at different brokers. But if it is too much for you, you should rather enter trades that you hold longer.

Arthur Singer #:
I personally prefer lower spreads. The commission is actually fine if you look around at different brokers. But if it is too much for you, you should rather enter trades that you hold longer.
Appreciate the advice :)