hedging/netting for signals created by US residents through <...> broker

Hi Guys,

I have opened an account through <...> in the US that provides brokerage services for US residents. The broker is fully FIFO compliant and doe NOT provide any hedging/netting as per the US regulations. However, no fellow US residents/citizens can subscribe to my signal as MQL5 keeps saying that my signals contains hedging/netting! 

I discussed this with service desk and they said there is a setting somewhere in the brokerage services that should determine hedging availability and forex.com has not overruled it. I talked/emailed <...> they said under no circumstances we allow hedging for US residents as per the US regulations and that there is no settings. They are right as I cannot hedge my positions at all. However, service desk is adamant that the system detects hedging for my account. 

Does anybody know what this setting is? what is it that I need to do to make my signal subscribable for US residents?

Funny thing is my friend living in Austin Texas just created a brand-new signal and got the same message. Hedging detected ...

FIFO rules: post
FIFO thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/355248
FIFO status script:
My account is FIFO when people try to subsribe they get a message that i do not follow FIFO rules Please HELP
My account is FIFO when people try to subsribe they get a message that i do not follow FIFO rules Please HELP
  • www.mql5.com
Hi Donald, I'm trying to subscribe to your signal. I'm using a account but I am unable to subscribe due to FIFO rules...

Sergey Golubev #:
FIFO rules: post
FIFO thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/355248
FIFO status script:

Hi Sergey,

I am aware of FIFO rules. I think MQL5 has systematic problem with the broker Forex.com. The broker does NOT allow netting. It is fully FIFO compliant. Why doesn't MQL5 activate the connection? it is very simple:

- I have account with the broker that is FIFO compliant. No heding/netting

- I create signal

-my subscriber opens account with the same broker 

-my subscriber cannot subscribe to my signal due error given to him by mql5 saying due to FIFO rules and existance of hedging/nettting, you cannot subscribe to the signal!

Isnt this strange?

I mean whatever broker MQL5 is OK with, we can go with that. We just need the connection to be made!

Pejman Alanjari #:

Hi Sergey,

I am aware of FIFO rules. I think MQL5 has systematic problem with the broker Forex.com. The broker does NOT allow netting. It is fully FIFO compliant. Why doesn't MQL5 activate the connection? it is very simple:

- I have account with the broker that is FIFO compliant. No heding/netting

- I create signal

-my subscriber opens account with the same broker 

-my subscriber cannot subscribe to my signal due error given to him by mql5 saying due to FIFO rules and existance of hedging/nettting, you cannot subscribe to the signal!

Isnt this strange?

I mean whatever broker MQL5 is OK with, we can go with that. We just need the connection to be made!

It is automatically checked for FIFO for every broker.
Besides, it is related to the coding as well - read this post for more details (because it is not about hedging/nettting only).

How to Resolve Erroneous FIFO Violation Message on My Trade Copy Signal?
How to Resolve Erroneous FIFO Violation Message on My Trade Copy Signal?
  • www.mql5.com
I'm providing a trade copy signal However, 2 different potential subscribers messaged me saying they tried to subscribe to my signal, but received...