Metatrader 5 not loading on Windows 10

Hello.

Hope that somebody can help me. Since yesterday i can not load MT5 any more.

I open a Terminal in the morning and everything seems to work well.

But after like 5 minutes it ask me to restart because a new version was available.

After  confirmation   both Terminal and Metaeditor cant load.

I try to run it as administrator , run it directly from Program files  and as last resort even perform a clean insallation deleting all user data and residual leftover files.

Non of this helped. When i  clik on ikon or open app directly it spin for second and after that nothing happen.

Checked in Task Manager and Event viewer and there is no process related to terminal64 or errors log.

MT5 version now installed is build 3036 installed on Windows 10 ver 21H1( 64 bit).

I really have no idea what can i do next? Is this issue Win 10 or Metaquotes issue? This MT5 version isnt compatible any more?

Any sugestions? Thanks in advance.

It was already discussed during the several days (it was your anti-virus which is disabled MT5, or you are using beta build of MT5 instead of using/installing the latest release build such as 2980 or 2981).

read some details below:

• Some users reported yesterday about their antivirus issue.
    read post #10,post  #11 and post #20 and more (almost all the cases were about antivirus)
  • How to install clean MT4 and any build of MT5 (3 examples with screenshots): this page
  • Limitations to use old builds of MT4/MT5 or old versions of Windows (incl antivirus issue): this page
Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
  • www.mql5.com
Dear Team, I have downloaded MT5 and MT4 from your website but I am unable to open it...

Thank you very much Sergey.

Yes, it was indeed my antivirus .

After i add Metatrader folder as antivirus exceptions everything is working .

I switched like 10 days ago from Avira to Avast Free Antivirus.

So for everyone experiencing the same issue :

Check your antivirus first and make Metatrader folder( located in Program files ) as exceptions .

It worked for me.

BIG thanks to Sergey again.

Robert72:

Hello.

Hope that somebody can help me. Since yesterday i can not load MT5 any more.

I open a Terminal in the morning and everything seems to work well.

But after like 5 minutes it ask me to restart because a new version was available.

After  confirmation   both Terminal and Metaeditor cant load.

I try to run it as administrator , run it directly from Program files  and as last resort even perform a clean insallation deleting all user data and residual leftover files.

Non of this helped. When i  clik on ikon or open app directly it spin for second and after that nothing happen.

Checked in Task Manager and Event viewer and there is no process related to terminal64 or errors log.

MT5 version now installed is build 3036 installed on Windows 10 ver 21H1( 64 bit).

I really have no idea what can i do next? Is this issue Win 10 or Metaquotes issue? This MT5 version isnt compatible any more?

Any sugestions? Thanks in advance.

Right click the icon and select troubleshoot compatibility (it should be fine with win 8 mode) ... Mine is fixed after a lot of hard work in VAIN 😎