re-activate expired license of commercial EA

Hi all,

I've been using a commercial EA for some years but now the vendor shut down the business and the license expired. In MT4 an error message shows up, saying "You have avlid account for product but this product has expired".

The support of this commercial EA is no longer available. So, my e-mail didn't even reach the support-line.

Maybe someone knows the EA. It's called BestScalper and was hosted at bestscalper.com.

Since I spend quite some time in optimizing the settings of this EA, I would love to continue using it. The last 6month I reached like 8% per month with a profitfactor of 2, risking max.4% loss per trade.

I have not much glue about programming EAs. There is a .ex4 and a .dll file.

Is there a way to modify the files in order to allow it keep running?

Thanks

Paul

So you are basically asking for someone to crack the EA protection. It's illegal and you would become a thief.

Make your mind and move forward.

Alain Verleyen #:

So you are basically asking for someone to crack the EA protection. It's illegal and you would become a thief.

Make your mind and move forward.

If a company sells a product for money and shuts down the function with no further notice, of cause that makes me think about how to keep using it. Obviously the EA is connected to a kind of server, checking for the Account Number of my broker. That alone is limiting the usage of the EA to only one account. All I want is to let it keep running and I want to understand how the whole thing might work. Is the expiration date kind of hard-written in the code or might the server (carrying the Account-info also) just don't answer anymore? However, selling a product where the vendor knows there is a expiration date without mention it in the description is probably as shady as trying the user just to keep it running.

Anyway, thanks for judging.