String Array example in MQL4 book - page 2

clemmo:

Thanks. Do you have a video series that you recommend in particular for c++?

I would say I'm no longer a complete beginner but I have little practical experience. I think the MQL book is good as it doesn't go too quickly between concepts but it has some elementary errors which is very frustrating for beginners who can't be sure if it's their own fault.

Also it's not quite English, sort of a pseudo-translation.

Still I think learning directly what we want to do is often the best approach as a general C++ course will not deal with practical trading considerations. I only wish there was an MQL5 book along the same lines as the MQL4 version, preferably with updated corrected lessons.

Re: Tutorial:

I haven't gone through any particular C++ tutorials since I already had an understanding of programming, so it was just learning the syntax and how MQL / C++ does things.

With that said, I enjoyed this guy's Java tutorial when I got back into programming after many years off: https://youtu.be/tkPjecc0ViY?list=PLS1QulWo1RIYSyC6w2-rDssprPrEsgtVK

Re: MQL Book (and documentation)

Aside from the minor errors, it's a great reference when you want to know how to do something in MQL, and you'll definitely be using it as you write programs. If you find it easier or better, go for it.