Fastest JSON parser simdjson in MQL5

Anyone ported simdjson into MQL5? If not, can someone help in porting please?

https://github.com/simdjson/simdjson/tree/master/singleheader

In the above, only two files require porting: simdjson.cpp and simdjson.h

I can volunteer to port this, however it would be good if someone can guide me easiest way to migrate C++ into MQL, e.g. the header preprocessors etc that help with migration easily.

It would be great if MQL5 natively supported JSON

GitHub - simdjson/simdjson: Parsing gigabytes of JSON per second
GitHub - simdjson/simdjson: Parsing gigabytes of JSON per second
  • github.com
Parsing gigabytes of JSON per second . Contribute to simdjson/simdjson development by creating an account on GitHub.

Faisal Mahmood: Anyone ported simdjson into MQL5? If not, can someone help in porting please? https://github.com/simdjson/simdjson/tree/master/singleheader

In the above, only two files require porting: simdjson.cpp and simdjson.h. I can volunteer to port this, however it would be good if someone can guide me easiest way to migrate C++ into MQL, e.g. the header preprocessors etc that help with migration easily. It would be great if MQL5 natively supported JSON

Probably not possible, because you cannot go that low level in MQL5 to the point of being able to control specifics of CPU architecture or compiler optimisations.

You don't seem to know sufficiently about MQL5 language and its environment to be able to assume that such a project can even be ported successfully.

Metatrader Dev team - is it possible to have native support for JSON please? Ideally you can use SimdJSON that can process at 6GB/s when adding to the platform.

Faisal Mahmood: Metatrader Dev team - is it possible to have native support for JSON please? Ideally you can use SimdJSON that can process at 6GB/s when adding to the platform.

MQL is geared towards trading, not processing data from the web. Do that outside of MetaTrader and feed only the filtered and relevant info to MetaTrader in a more compact form.

Fernando Carreiro:

MQL is geared towards trading, not processing data from the web. Do that outside of MetaTrader and feed only the filtered and relevant info to MetaTrader in a more compact form.

This is for trading only, based various data feeds. As you know most data feeds are in JSON, XML, CSV or other custom formats. I am able to stream data in and out very easily, although I do not like constant 2-byte and 1-byte char conversions, so native MQL5 support is preferred.

I have been using old style MQL4 for many many years for few small trading accounts. But C#/EL in some commercial platforms (will not name here) accounts with much larger sizes.

But my recent experiments with MQL5 revealed a lot of new features that were added over the last 2-3 years. Also there are few community members who went well beyond standard functionalities. My plan is to move most of my trading into MT5 and extend where features are missing.

I hope this makes sense.