Signal time delay filter possible?

Good day all

No coding request here, just information, would like to ask if a certain modification is possible

I've been using nonlag ma and zero lag hma as trend filters for other signal indicators which print arrows on the open price of a new bar(they are nrp), and i only have ex4 files for the signal indicators, but don't think that's an issue. The issue am having is due to the fact that both nonlag ma and zerolag hma consider 2 bars for calculations, so any time if there is a signal when a bar opens and if either nonlag or zerolag hma consider that bar as the 2nd calculation bar, the signal either is delayed or repaints, since the bar is still forming and a trend change has not been established yet but the signal would be waiting to print when that bar opened, so during formation of the bar the signal flickers due to trend recalculations

my question is, is it possible to have a user defined signal delay time filter, such that if the user says filter out all signals delayed by 10secs after a bar has opened, that signal will be blocked? it will not flicker or appear at all?

PLease advice if this is possible, and if so how will be it achieved. thank you and your advise is greatly appreciated!

ahmedk: No coding request here, just information, would like to ask if a certain modification is possible

I've been using nonlag ma and zero lag hma as trend filters for other signal indicators which print arrows on the open price of a new bar(they are nrp), and i only have ex4 files for the signal indicators, but don't think that's an issue. The issue am having is due to the fact that both nonlag ma and zerolag hma consider 2 bars for calculations, so any time if there is a signal when a bar opens and if either nonlag or zerolag hma consider that bar as the 2nd calculation bar, the signal either is delayed or repaints, since the bar is still forming and a trend change has not been established yet but the signal would be waiting to print when that bar opened, so during formation of the bar the signal flickers due to trend recalculations

my question is, is it possible to have a user defined signal delay time filter, such that if the user says filter out all signals delayed by 10secs after a bar has opened, that signal will be blocked? it will not flicker or appear at all?

PLease advice if this is possible, and if so how will be it achieved. thank you and your advise is greatly appreciated!

Yes, it is possible with the following options:

1. Modifying the original Indicator's code (but since you say you don't have the source code, this would not be possible).
  2. Creating a new Indicator, that reads the data from the original indicator and re-displays it again, but this time according to your specifications.