How do I reset number of activations on an EA or indicator I bought?

Hi peeps,

I have a question that needs some help. Many thanks to those who can assist. I had purchased a MT4 indicator from Markets via my MT4 platform. The situation is such that I am given 5 activations on this indicator. On my laptop I have installed the indicator on 2 separate Brokers' platform. And opened up several charts on each Brokers' platform. I assume this means I have initiated 2 activations out of 5.

I then opened up my wife's laptop and logged into my MQL5 acct. to install on both her Brokers' platform. So, meaning I believe that's an additional 2 activations being used up. Is that correct?

And that would mean I've used up 4 of 5 activations?? But, because my wife doesn't like the indicator I have deleted it from her platforms and logged out my acct. from het platform too. Which would mean now..., I would have 3 activations left to use, right??

But then there was a day in July '21 my platform froze on me and I had to uninstall the MT4 platform and did a fresh install of the MT4 platform on my laptop. After the fresh install I wanted to install the 5th activation on yet another Broker's platform but MQL5 Markets said I have purchased the indicator but yet to install it. However, there was a message prompt that said I've used up all 5 activations and therefore need to purchase more activations if need to install more.

The thing is as I had described above, by right I should have 3 activations left that I can use. I am at a loss why is it that I am told all 5 activations are used up?!! Can anyone describe steps for me to deactivate whatever activations unused and set it back to only 2 that I am currently using myself on my laptop... I have searched thoroughly but can't find the right answers to my predicament. Also..., can anyone point me to how I can get in touch (a link if there's one) with help desk to get a create a ticket from Support to get me sorted out if all else fails (as in friends here who can't assist eventually)?

Many thanks... :) 

lueny_toons:

Hi peeps,

I have a question that needs some help. Many thanks to those who can assist. I had purchased a MT4 indicator from Markets via my MT4 platform. The situation is such that I am given 5 activations on this indicator. On my laptop I have installed the indicator on 2 separate Brokers' platform. And opened up several charts on each Brokers' platform. I assume this means I have initiated 2 activations out of 5.

I then opened up my wife's laptop and logged into my MQL5 acct. to install on both her Brokers' platform. So, meaning I believe that's an additional 2 activations being used up. Is that correct?

And that would mean I've used up 4 of 5 activations?? But, because my wife doesn't like the indicator I have deleted it from her platforms and logged out my acct. from het platform too. Which would mean now..., I would have 3 activations left to use, right??

But then there was a day in July '21 my platform froze on me and I had to uninstall the MT4 platform and did a fresh install of the MT4 platform on my laptop. After the fresh install I wanted to install the 5th activation on yet another Broker's platform but MQL5 Markets said I have purchased the indicator but yet to install it. However, there was a message prompt that said I've used up all 5 activations and therefore need to purchase more activations if need to install more.

The thing is as I had described above, by right I should have 3 activations left that I can use. I am at a loss why is it that I am told all 5 activations are used up?!! Can anyone describe steps for me to deactivate whatever activations unused and set it back to only 2 that I am currently using myself on my laptop... I have searched thoroughly but can't find the right answers to my predicament. Also..., can anyone point me to how I can get in touch (a link if there's one) with help desk to get a create a ticket from Support to get me sorted out if all else fails (as in friends here who can't assist eventually)?

Many thanks... :) 

If the system tells you that you have no more activations, that means that you've probably missed a couple on some Windows version update. Activations are lost in Window major updates or hardware upgrades on your PC, like memory or hard disk replacement.

Activations cannot be reset I am afraid, if you need more you should buy the product again from a PC that isn't installed right now.

lueny_toons:

Hi peeps,

Wrong 1 activation by computer, unless you changed the Operating system or the hardware.

Not correct. That would be 2 activations in total.

No. Still 2. Delete it or not, use it or not, once it's activated it's counted forever.

But then there was a day in July '21 my platform froze on me and I had to uninstall the MT4 platform and did a fresh install of the MT4 platform on my laptop. After the fresh install I wanted to install the 5th activation on yet another Broker's platform but MQL5 Markets said I have purchased the indicator but yet to install it. However, there was a message prompt that said I've used up all 5 activations and therefore need to purchase more activations if need to install more.

That would still be 2 activations. Because reinstalling MT4 will not consume a new activation if it's the same OS/hardware.

You said you consume your 5 activations, it doesn't match with what you described. You have do other things without any doubt.

An other time read the rules, and ask on the forum BEFORE consuming all your activations, you obviously didn't understand how it works. They are gone and it's too late. Buy it again if you want to use it.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

If the system tells you that you have no more activations, that means that you've probably missed a couple on some Windows version update. Activations are lost in Window major updates or hardware upgrades on your PC, like memory or hard disk replacement.

Activations cannot be reset I am afraid, if you need more you should buy the product again from a PC that isn't installed right now.

Hi, this is unfair. My VPS had a maintenance over the weekend and all my EAs deactivated. How about EAs that are no longer available on the market? I can not purchase more activations for them.

This activation business is really poorly designed. Why should I lose activations if a VPS has some maintenance, or you need to move to a new VPS due to any issue or need a new location. It's completely crazy. There should be an intelligent system by which I can revoke activations to free them up for new installations.

This really makes me think twice before purchasing more EAs with only 5 activations. 

I have spent my hard-earned money in buying EAs and now I simply cannot use them because whoever designed the activation system did not really care about the customers' experience.

I will focus on building my own EAs and will give myself unlimited activations. This is not good for the MQL5.com business. I will definitely keep it to the absolute minimum required. Will buy only EAs with 20+ activations.

This nonsense only drives experienced EA buyers to the "secondary" market of Premium EAs for $15.

Juan Guirao #:

This activation business is really poorly designed. Why should I lose activations if a VPS has some maintenance, or you need to move to a new VPS due to any issue or need a new location. It's completely crazy. There should be an intelligent system by which I can revoke activations to free them up for new installations.

This really makes me think twice before purchasing more EAs with only 5 activations. 

I have spent my hard-earned money in buying EAs and now I simply cannot use them because whoever designed the activation system did not really care about the customers' experience.

I will focus on building my own EAs and will give myself unlimited activations. This is not good for the MQL5.com business. I will definitely keep it to the absolute minimum required. Will buy only EAs with 20+ activations.

This nonsense only drives experienced EA buyers to the "secondary" market of Premium EAs for $15.

- you are somehow right but it is not mql problem. this is an issue for all activation required software.

there is not any method to control/count activation counts unless writing some how on hardware!

it can be a dongle too! but it will be really expensive and not feasible for this type of activations.

Juan Guirao #:

There is no "secondary" market of premium EAs for $15, these are scams.

Juan Guirao #:

EXACTLY mate… I have in the past paid EA coders for personalised custom designed EAs that is competitively priced. It was a case of simply adding my name in the code to allow me full usage. Nothing with this sort of 5 activations nonsense. I don’t mind the activations limitations BUT what I was pissed with was being penalised because of OS updates or reinstalling MT4 because of problems encountered and due to just this simple action it was counted as another activation used up! This is pure nonsense and need to be addressed upon. Don’t just state and tell me to buy  another new activation! 1stly, I had bought at a high price and know for a fact that I had just used up 2 activations on 2 separate laptops and suddenly was told 5 activations all used up because me reinstalling MT4 due to technical errors had then proceeded to be considered 2 new activations etc. Is ludicrous and absurd. And I agree some heartedly with you that it’s poorly designed and they hv no interest of the buyer of the EA when something like this occurs. It’s uncalled for…

Eleni Anna Branou #:

There is no "secondary" market of premium EAs for $15, these are scams.

That’s besides the point! You don’t get what we’re mad at… It’s The fact that this biz model is flawed and punishes us buyers of your EAs/indicators for something no fault of ours. We have brought this up numerous times stating that it shd be coded better and that there shd be a way to revoke activations every time I changed computers or there was a crash and reinstalling MT4s again so that it can read the rightful activations but you guys just brush it aside telling us we don’t read the rules etc. And that we need to buy new activations because it is what it is… Pure nonsense mate. I’m content not having the need to use ur EA/indicator since you’re akin holding me hostage and knowing that there’s nothing I can do if I really need ur tool. WRONG! I’ll just do without it. I’ll move on and you just lost several loyal customers for life. Simple.

Mahdi Ebrahimzadeh #:

- you are somehow right but it is not mql problem. this is an issue for all activation required software.

there is not any method to control/count activation counts unless writing some how on hardware!

it can be a dongle too! but it will be really expensive and not feasible for this type of activations.

There is ALWAYS a way…, mate. Don’t penalised us for something that might be expensive to implement. We became loyal users of the sellers EAs/indicators but get the bitter end with such flawed activation nonsense. And after being made aware of such nonsense the sellers couldn’t be bothered to find better solutions and still INSIST we buy more activations when in fact I KNOW that I deserve my moneys worth. I’m being robbed for something no fault of mine! This isn’t the way to approach a flawed system and push the blame on us. You need to find solutions to enable us to continue using the tool. Anyway, I hv since moved on and this terrible experience taught me to never again buy anything from Mktplace that has these activation limitations cause history will definitely repeat itself. I don’t want to relive this harrowing experience again. I’m out…

lueny_toons #:
You need to find solutions to enable us to continue using the tool.

It is useless discussion. Because all the questions were already asked and all the answered were given.

----------------------------------------

This is the explanation from MQ:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Make sure that nothing flies after updating Windows 10!

Renat Fatkhullin , 2017.05.13 20:13

Here the question must be asked to Microsoft - why does Microsoft put every major update as a new OS. And Microsoft puts it as a new, just look at the residual Windows, old directories and a bunch of other garbage.

Some fanatic does it for them, killing licensing systems of tens of thousands of programs around the world. Yes, it certainly kills - no need to watch a special case of your computer.

More:

Windows 10

MetaQuotes , 2020.12.26 21:49

To compensate for the inconvenience with reinstallations and relocations, at least 5 activations are initially given.

This is exactly a compensation backlog, and not 5 guaranteed devices under any conditions.

more:

EA suddenly broken

Rashid Umarov, 2019.05.27 19:08

Hello,

Each product has at least 5 activations that can be used in case of hardware failure, re-installation of OS, installation on a wrong PC. That is enough for a normal personal use.

In case there is a huge Windows update coming, we add an additional activation for all purchased products beforehand. We don't add activations personally - they are not provided, and it is not possible physically.

Example: Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) causes saved MetaTrader passwords to become invalid