How to make sure function only runs at specified interval and not when its initially placed on chart

In the code below I run a function every H4. But the issue is when I put it on the chart it runs immediately for the first time before it starts running every 4 hours. How can I fix this code so it runs only when the chart 4 hour duration ends? Please note that I've only included the most relevant part of the code with respect to the question.

int OnInit()
  {

return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }

void OnDeinit(const int reason)
  {

}

void SearchForNewPattern() {

//
}

void OnTick()
  {
      datetime curDispBarTime=0; 
      static datetime prevDispBarTime = 0; 

curDispBarTime = iTime(_Symbol,PERIOD_H4,0);
   bool isNewDispBar = curDispBarTime != prevDispBarTime;

if(isNewDispBar)  {

prevDispBarTime = curDispBarTime; 

SearchForNewPattern();

}

}

static datetime prevDispBarTime = 0;
   if(prevDispBarTime==0)
      prevDispBarTime=iTime(_Symbol,PERIOD_H4,0);

but make sure that the H4 TF is fully updated.

1.    curDispBarTime = iTime(_Symbol,PERIOD_H4,0);

On MT4: Unless the current chart is that specific symbol(s)/TF(s) referenced, you must handle 4066/4073 errors before accessing candle/indicator values.
              Download history in MQL4 EA - Forex Calendar - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26.4 2019.05.20

On MT5: Unless the current chart is that specific pair/TF, you must synchronize the terminal Data from the Server before accessing candle/indicator values.

Error 4806 while using CopyBuffer() - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum #10 2020.12.15
              Is it mystical?! It is! - Withdraw - Technical Indicators - MQL5 programming forum 2019.05.31
              Timeseries and Indicators Access / Data Access - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
              Synchronize Server Data with Terminal Data - Symbols - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 2018.07.17
              SymbolInfoInteger doesn't work - Symbols - General - MQL5 programming forum 2019.09.03

2. Initialize your static on first tick and return.
    bool isFirstTick;
    int OnInit()
      {
       isFirstTick = true;
       return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
      }

void OnTick()
      {
          static datetime curDispBarTime = 0; 
                 datetime preDispBarTime = curDispBarTime; 
                          curDispBarTime = iTime(_Symbol,PERIOD_H4,0);
          if(curDispBarTime == 0) return;                  // Updatings H4.
          if(isFirstTick){ isFirstTick = false; return; }  // static initialized.
       bool isNewDispBar = curDispBarTime != prevDispBarTime;

Keith Watford:

but make sure that the H4 TF is fully updated.

Thanks. It's working.