MT5 under wine (Linux) - issue since build 2981

There are 2 issues actually, but one pertains to Wine, the other I suspect is MT5 itself.

1. Indicator settings and ```ctrl+i``` windows do not appear, must use "Esc" to clear the screen and interact with charts again. This is since an MT5 update.

2. Latest versions of wine from 6.9 onwards peg the wineserver at 100% CPU after a few minutes' use. Must be a call stuck in a loop. Rolling back to 6.8 removes the issue.

So atm I have a stable terminal but cannot adjust indicator settings on the chart. Have tried two recent versions of mono and installing up to dotnet461 (so far) and still no windows including that. I'm on Arch and have also done a system update, so it could be a window manager of some description missing/updated, but it worked for well over a year to date. I use i3wm for info.

If any devs or those working with them could confirm, I'm happy to install a beta with any patches/hotfixes!

geronimobot: 1. Indicator settings and ```ctrl+i``` windows do not appear, must use "Esc" to clear the screen and interact with charts again. This is since an MT5 update.

This behavior is generally a result in the pop-up window being off-screen.

On MT4 try closing the terminal and delete «data folder»\…\config\terminal.ini You'll lose the placement of any open charts.
          Toolbars disappear - MQL4 programming forum 2011.10.14
          MT4 Freezing when selecting Indicator List or Object List. Help! - MQL4 programming forum #4 #11 2008.11.05

William Roeder:

Close the terminal and delete <terminal>\config\terminal.ini You'll loose the placement of any open charts.

This worked. I renamed

.../Config/terminal.ini

to

.../terminal.ini.bak

Just in case I needed it later... And lo and behold, the pop ups are back.

Many an hour wasted cycling through wine, mono and .net versions, somewhat reassured to now know it's not a "Linux issue". Hopefully this helps someone else who didn't come across William's linked articles in their searches.

Thanks, William, your deep knowledge of the platform once again comes to the rescue. I did try copying my setup back to the VM and it was just painful using MT5 there, compared to running it in Wine. This is a relief!

Toolbars disappear
Toolbars disappear
  • www.mql5.com
Always when I re-start MT4 my toolbars have diappareared as well as my terminal. Whatever i try with profiles, it does not help...

William Roeder #:

Hi I tried this but still cannot see charts, any other solutions please?