iOS 14 - no sounds when MT4 app in foreground?

Hi, long time listener, first time caller.

Ok, so I'm used to an old iPhone 5S which would "ding" at me when a new trade notification appeared regardless of I had MT4 open in the foreground or not. I'd be staring at a trade, the SL would be adjusted as it went in my favor and I'd enjoy a chorus of dings while watching it do it's thing.

But now that I have a new iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.6 I can see the notifications when I have MT4 open but no "sound/ding". I do get the notification sound when I'm in another app or the phone is in home mode (black screen) so I know the sounds and notifications are working and I've checked the notifications setting and it's set to sounds and banners on. I also seem to have a vague memory of a setting somewhere that can switch foreground app sounds on or off but I've looked everywhere and searched the internet for ages...can't find it.

Hoping you guys might be able to help.

Baz

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Baz: Ok, so I'm used to an old iPhone 5S which would "ding" at me when a new trade notification appeared regardless of I had MT4 open in the foreground or not. I'd be staring at a trade, the SL would be adjusted as it went in my favor and I'd enjoy a chorus of dings while watching it do it's thing. But now that I have a new iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.6 I can see the notifications when I have MT4 open but no "sound/ding". I do get the notification sound when I'm in another app or the phone is in home mode (black screen) so I know the sounds and notifications are working and I've checked the notifications setting and it's set to sounds and banners on. I also seem to have a vague memory of a setting somewhere that can switch foreground app sounds on or off but I've looked everywhere and searched the internet for ages...can't find it.

Yes, that is part of iOS 14 functionality that is applied to all apps, not just MetaTrader.

There is probably something to change that in the iOS Settings, but I am not sure where or if it is adjustable.

I will also try a Google search myself and if I find anything I will post it here!

Keith Watford:
Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.
Sorry, I had no idea. The forum is a bit of a dog's breakfast. Thanks for moving it. Now if only I could figure out how to be notified of replies I might be able to use it like a real forum.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, that is part of iOS 14 functionality that is applied to all apps, not just MetaTrader.

There is probably something to change that in the iOS Settings, but I am not sure where or if it is adjustable.

I will also try a Google search myself and if I find anything I will post it here!

Thanks Fernando. I've been looking for ages and can't find the setting. If I find it I'll also post the solution but nothing found yet.