How to adjust EA based on day time to time changes over the year?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make my EA perform a certain action at a certain time everyday. That action is bound to US-markets but my broker's servers are not in the US and, due to the time changes 2 times per year the time difference is not consistent. How can I adjust my code for this situation?

nukepanda: I'm trying to make my EA perform a certain action at a certain time everyday. That action is bound to US-markets but my broker's servers are not in the US and, due to the time changes 2 times per year the time difference is not consistent. How can I adjust my code for this situation?

Daylight Savings dates and times are always available ahead of time (as well as historically) from reputable sources, so keep a table of those changes on file and have your EA detect that and adjust accordingly.

Fernando Carreiro:

Daylight Savings dates and times are always available ahead of time (as well as historically) from reputable sources, so keep a table of those changes on file and have your EA detect that and adjust accordingly.

The main problem is not running the EA live, is backtesting it.

nukepanda:The main problem is not running the EA live, is backtesting it.
That is why I wrote "(as well as historically)". Those same sources also offer historical data on when those dates and times occurred all over the world for every time-zone.