Generate signals when price touches (curved) lines

I use an expert advisor which draws various lines on my chart, similar to moving averages and so on. I would like to generate sell and buy signals as soon as price touches some of these dynamic lines. The lines are not necessarily horizontal or vertical. E.g. in the attached images, I would like to generate signals as soon as the price touches the yellow line.

I can not identify these lines as objects on the chart. It seems that the expert advisor draws these curved line with several hundreds of small line objects. Is there any way to realize my scenario? Thanks! 

Files:
test.png  38 kb

behzadmuller: I can not identify these lines as objects on the chart. It seems that the expert advisor draws these curved line with several hundreds of small line objects.

Those are indicators not objects. Read the indicators.

William Roeder:

Those are indicators not objects. Read the indicators.

Thanks, William. I tried it, but it is actually the expert advisor which draws the line... The expert advisor is a commercial expert advisor and calculates the lines based on various algorithms using external services. I could show/hide various lines with expert advisor control panel. My goal would be to put a trailing order on some of those lines to make a swing trader and save the overhead of trade manually.

Do you have any other ideas or could point me to an article or code? Thanks. 

behzadmuller: I tried it, but it is actually the expert advisor which draws the line... The expert advisor is a commercial expert advisor and calculates the lines based on various algorithms using external services. I could show/hide various lines with expert advisor control panel. My goal would be to put a trailing order on some of those lines to make a swing trader and save the overhead of trade manually.

Do you have any other ideas or could point me to an article or code? Thanks. 

No, its not the EA per se that is drawing them. It is done by means of indicators and there are several possibilities:

1. It may just be using normal built-in indicators directly and in this case you will just need to find out which ones and what parameters are used by analysing the EA's parameter set and using some deductive skills.
  2. Since it is a commercial EA, it may also have the indicators compiled into it as resources, preventing external user access to them.
  3. The indicators may actually be separate and not included as resources, and may have been installed separately. You will have to analyse your setup, especially the Indicator folder, to find out if that is the case.

Fernando Carreiro:

No, its not the EA per se that is drawing them. It is done by means of indicators and there are several possibilities:

1. It may just be using normal built-in indicators directly and in this case you will just need to find out which ones and what parameters are used by analysing the EA's parameter set and using some deductive skills.
  2. Since it is a commercial EA, it may also have the indicators compiled into it as resources, preventing external user access to them.
  3. The indicators may actually be separate and not included as resources, and may have been installed separately. You will have to analyse your setup, especially the Indicator folder, to find out if that is the case.

I believe the option 2 is correct. The EA or better say the compiled inside indicators draw the lines and preventing access to them. The EA is just a "trading assistant" and does not generate buy or sell signals. It just draws helping lines which I want and I trade manually using the lines. I guess there should be some ways to automate it. I was thinking about getting the objects inside my chart, assuming that every line in the chart is an object, but could not find the the object IDs. It seems that all lines are made of hundreds small (hidden) objects.

Any idea or have you ever faced similar situation?

behzadmuller:

I believe the option 2 is correct. The EA or better say the compiled inside indicators draw the lines and preventing access to them. The EA is just a "trading assistant" and does not generate buy or sell signals. It just draws helping lines which I want and I trade manually using the lines. I guess there should be some ways to automate it. I was thinking about getting the objects inside my chart, assuming that every line in the chart is an object, but could not find the the object IDs. It seems that all lines are made of hundreds small (hidden) objects.

Any idea or have you ever faced similar situation?

Don't just assume its (2). From the screenshot, most of the lines are probably normal "Moving Averages" which are built into MetaTrader. You just have to find out what type and and what period. If they are not set by the EA's inputs, then simply experiment by overlaying a moving average and adjust it until it aligns with the one set by EA.

As for the dotted indicator in the screenshot, most probably used for stop-loss or trailing-stop, it seems to be a "Chandelier's Exit", but cannot be certain without further analysis.

Fernando Carreiro:

Don't just assume its (2). From the screenshot, most of the lines are probably normal "Moving Averages" which are built into MetaTrader. You just have to find out what type and and what period. If they are not set by the EA's inputs, then simply experiment by overlaying a moving average and adjust it until it aligns with the one set by EA.

As for the dotted indicator in the screenshot, most probably used for stop-loss or trailing-stop, it seems to be a "Chandelier's Exit", but cannot be certain without further analysis.

Yes, in the chart there are some moving averages added by me and not the EA. I am not interested in those moving averages. I can read them using iCustom with no problem. I am only interested in the lines created by the EA. 

Let's define my problem like this: Imagine an EA which draws a "totally random" line on a chart using some random algorithms and prevent access to them. You could trade the lines manually. How to build an automated trading system using trailing orders for those lines? There should be some approach to solve that.

behzadmuller: Yes, in the chart there are some moving averages added by me and not the EA. I am not interested in those moving averages. I can read them using iCustom with no problem. I am only interested in the lines created by the EA. Let's define my problem like this: Imagine an EA which draws a "totally random" line on a chart using some random algorithms and prevent access to them. You could trade the lines manually. How to build an automated trading system using trailing orders for those lines? There should be some approach to solve that.

>> there are some moving averages added by me and not the EA

Then please place a screenshot that ONLY shows those outputs from the EA that you are interested in and not all the other stuff that you placed yourself. That will only confuse us and not give you the correct answers.

>> How to build an automated trading system using trailing orders for those lines? There should be some approach to solve that.

Yes and no! It depends on a case-by-case basis, that needs one to analyse how it is implemented and then devise a method depending on the situation. Since it is a commercial product, that would not be possible here on this form. That requires private consultation, analysis and provisioning.