[Build2940] New number of process running limit?

Hi,

After updating to 2940 this week, I can not open more than 14 processes in my vm.

Before this, I had 19 processes running.

When I start the 15th, the .exe shows in the Task manager, and is killed instantly.

att.

Process ? You mean MT5 instance I suppose ?

same with me tested on vps and on my own pc with windows 10. with same results. doesent load more than 14+- mt5 at the same time after the new update. sometimes when clicking within the menu options nothing comes up. also sometimes when opening more than 10 mt5's i get the error 'failed to open document' and no chart loads and mt5 freezes.

using mt5 from icmarkets 

SolidSniped:

same with me tested on vps and on my own pc with windows 10. with same results. doesent load more than 14+- mt5 at the same time after the new update. sometimes when clicking within the menu options nothing comes up. also sometimes when opening more than 10 mt5's i get the error 'failed to open document' and no chart loads and mt5 freezes.

using mt5 from icmarkets 

Good to know its not only me.

Question: Is this a bug?

SolidSniped:

using mt5 from icmarkets 

It is better to have one MT5 instance per VPS than install 15 MT5 instances on one VPS ...

Sergey Golubev:

It is better to have one MT5 instance per VPS than install 15 MT5 instances on one VPS ...

@Sergey

Whats the logic of blocking? Is there a limit now?

Is there any difference between installing new MT5 or copying the dir (\program files\) to another folder?

I have a VM with 64GB RAM, running 20~ instances with EA attached. Had no problems till this update.

fsbx:

@Sergey

Whats the logic of blocking? Is there a limit now?

Is there any difference between installing new MT5 or copying the dir (\program files\) to another folder?

I have a VM with 64GB RAM, running 20~ instances with EA attached. Had no problems till this update.

I do not know about limit (if it is the limit so it is related to the technique/computer/VPS/more).

But I know that VPS is not suitable to install 10 or 14 Metatrader instances (VPS itself is having this limit).
Besides, it is related to how many charts are opened, timeframes, settings of the charts, and more.

My example.
It was many years ago when I wanted to install more than 20 Metatrader instances, and I had to rent dedicated server from famous company for that (which was expensive for me). I installed 21 Metatrader instances only ... no more ... because 22nd Metatrader was running with error with my scalping EAs with 24 charts opened ..