Do I need to close the Chart with EA in MT5 software at my computer after sychronization with the MT5 software at VPS ???

Do I need to close the Chart with EA in MT5 software at my computer after sychronization with the MT5 software at VPS ???

Thanks a lot

If you synchronized everything (and if you checked sucessful synchronization in MQL5 VPS journal) so you can close Metatrader (or you can connect MT5 to the other trading account). But you should check everything when the market will be opened (On Monday tomorrow) because dll is prohibited in MQL5 VPS.

Alternatively - you can keep MT5 to be open but you do not need to keep Autotrading button to be ON:

After the synchronization with your MQL5 VPS you DO NOT keep the Auto Trading button ON.

---------------- 

Synchronize (forum thread) -
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?
  • www.mql5.com
Dear All, I just rented my first VPS from MQL5 via my MT4 platform today...

Sergey Golubev:

If you synchronized everything (and if you checked sucessful synchronization in MQL5 VPS journal) so you can close Metatrader (or you can connect MT5 to the other trading account). But you should check everything when the market will be opened (On Monday tomorrow) because dll is prohibited in MQL5 VPS.

Alternatively - you can keep MT5 to be open but you do not need to keep Autotrading button to be ON:

After the synchronization with your MQL5 VPS you DO NOT keep the Auto Trading button ON.

---------------- 

Synchronize (forum thread) -
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508

Thanks for your help, I can see Algo Trading button at MT5 of my computer, I don't see Auto Trading button, are they the same ?? I'm very new :)

bin26283Thanks for your help, I can see Algo Trading button at MT5 of my computer, I don't see Auto Trading button, are they the same ?? I'm very new :)

The button on MetaTrader 5 it is called "Algo Trading" and on MetaTrader 4 it is called "Auto Trading". They are the same thing!

Fernando Carreiro:

The button on MetaTrader 5 it is called "Algo Trading" and on MetaTrader 4 it is called "Auto Trading". They are the same thing!

Thank you Sir.