Cant open MT4 on mac after reinstall

I deleted the Metatrader4 file in open data files inside the application inside then uninstalled the application on my macOS big sur.
After that i downloaded the ready-made mt4 package from https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/userguide/install_mac

Once installation done, i can't open the application as it force quit immediately.

for my opinion, the main problem probably is i deleted the file in open data files and it can't find the file to load the mt4. I can't found the way to insert file back to the location as the place seems like inside My computer/drive_c/program files and it totally not found on my mac.

Do anyone faced this problem before can teach me how to solve it.

Install on Mac OS - Getting Started - MetaTrader 4 Help
Install on Mac OS - Getting Started - MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
The client terminal can be installed and run on computers with Mac OS using Wine. Wine is a free software that allows users of the Unix-based...

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

yeze Lim:
I deleted the Metatrader4 file in open data files inside the application inside then uninstalled the application on my macOS big sur.
After that i downloaded the ready-made mt4 package from https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/userguide/install_mac

Once installation done, i can't open the application as it force quit immediately.

for my opinion, the main problem probably is i deleted the file in open data files and it can't find the file to load the mt4. I can't found the way to insert file back to the location as the place seems like inside My computer/drive_c/program files and it totally not found on my mac.

Do anyone faced this problem before can teach me how to solve it.

Hi Yeze Lim, did you find a solution for your problem ? I have the same issue, I think. 

thanks

SOLUTION:

Open finder and press CMD + SHIFT + .  (yes the dot)

This will show you the hidden files.

Find :

System/Users/"your username"/Library/Application Support.   -  inside Application Support folder you should see a MetaTrader 4 folder.  DELETE IT!  Now you can re- install mt4 and it will be a fresh installation like when you first installed it originally.

Hope this helped.

joe blow #:

SOLUTION:

Open finder and press CMD + SHIFT + .  (yes the dot)

This will show you the hidden files.

Find :

System/Users/"your username"/Library/Application Support.   -  inside Application Support folder you should see a MetaTrader 4 folder.  DELETE IT!  Now you can re- install mt4 and it will be a fresh installation like when you first installed it originally.

Hope this helped.

Hi, I have a same issue here. Try to figure out your solution but I cannot find a Metatrader 4 folder on Application Support folder. Any advice? I am using Mac air M2, if that would help.