moving MT5 - page 2

Roszey:
it works for me... maybe your copying of the folder was not done properly. 

I right clicked on folder, selected copy and pasted it to the folder of new computer via network window. Launched the terminal from the copied folder on new PC. Terminal launches fine and indicators are present. However dragging them to the chart does nothing. Even when logged into MQL5 community. It requires an activation to work.

angevoyageur:

Activations are linked to your hardware, if you change your hardware you probably need an other activation.

You can ask confirmation to ServiceDesk.

I don't believe it so after speaking with them. As I originally interpreted the activation process, technically if I reinstall windows it should recognize the PC hardware as the same. However it requires reactivation when full reinstall of Windows. This suggests the indicators are activated by perhaps a registry entry or registration file located somewhere on the PC. Its wiped upon re installation.

They quoted - IV.10: For each Buyer, a secure version of the Product is automatically created, which allows using it only on the equipment (computer hardware and operating system), from which a purchase request was sent.

Purchased Product is bound to specific devices and specific copy of an operating system. Thus, the protection does not allow to launch a Product, even if a hardware was substituted to the exactly the same one or if an operating system of the same type was reinstalled.

Kinda sucks but what can you do. Only good thing is it promotes re-purchaces for coders if you re-install windows regularly like me to keep my system fresh. 

I have not tried yet, and honestly I do not like this approach of limited number activation.

Google has a more customer oriented approach limited number of devices for each purchase i.e. you can substitute a device without an issue. That's the way it should be!

I have spent some money in the MQL5 Market but I guess i wiil try to avoid to purchase other item from this market. I upgrade my hardware pretty often. Can you imagine I should buy everything again every year or so? 

I guess that Metaquotes has lost a customer forcing me to find a deal for each interesting product outside of the market. Anyway their choice!

danielwoods:

I right clicked on folder, selected copy and pasted it to the folder of new computer via network window. Launched the terminal from the copied folder on new PC. Terminal launches fine and indicators are present. However dragging them to the chart does nothing. Even when logged into MQL5 community. It requires an activation to work.

I don't believe it so after speaking with them. As I originally interpreted the activation process, technically if I reinstall windows it should recognize the PC hardware as the same. However it requires reactivation when full reinstall of Windows. This suggests the indicators are activated by perhaps a registry entry or registration file located somewhere on the PC. Its wiped upon re installation.

They quoted - IV.10: For each Buyer, a secure version of the Product is automatically created, which allows using it only on the equipment (computer hardware and operating system), from which a purchase request was sent.

Purchased Product is bound to specific devices and specific copy of an operating system. Thus, the protection does not allow to launch a Product, even if a hardware was substituted to the exactly the same one or if an operating system of the same type was reinstalled.

Kinda sucks but what can you do. Only good thing is it promotes re-purchaces for coders if you re-install windows regularly like me to keep my system fresh. 

Sorry I confused you with the OP who said he will change his motherboard.

By the way, I used Windows OS professionally for YEARS, and never need to reinstall it, it's a bad idea. If it happens, then you have to use an other activation, this is why you have 5 available.

NonciAzzecco:

I have not tried yet, and honestly I do not like this approach of limited number activation.

Google has a more customer oriented approach limited number of devices for each purchase i.e. you can substitute a device without an issue. That's the way it should be!

I have spent some money in the MQL5 Market but I guess i wiil try to avoid to purchase other item from this market. I upgrade my hardware pretty often. Can you imagine I should buy everything again every year or so? 

I guess that Metaquotes has lost a customer forcing me to find a deal for each interesting product outside of the market. Anyway their choice!

I'd like to see a login in option for the indicator it's self. I have to log into my RW Tick indicator and works well across different PC's.

angevoyageur:

Sorry I confused you with the OP who said he will change his motherboard.

By the way, I used Windows OS professionally for YEARS, and never need to reinstall it, it's a bad idea. If it happens, then you have to use an other activation, this is why you have 5 available.

No problems. Like the OP I regularly change hardware. I'm looking into a virtual PC setup that I can use across any computer with one activation.

danielwoods:

I'd like to see a login in option for the indicator it's self. I have to log into my RW Tick indicator and works well across different PC's.

No problems. Like the OP I regularly change hardware. I'm looking into a virtual PC setup that I can use across any computer with one activation.

Pay attention! You do not control the hardware of your vps there is no guarantee that from one day to another the hardware of your vps will change and the software you purchased wil require a new activation.

This is always the same story with most of software protection there is not any solution that works 100%. As I mentioned the google choice semmes to me the most customer oriented.

NonciAzzecco:

Pay attention! You do not control the hardware of your vps there is no guarantee that from one day to another the hardware of your vps will change and the software you purchased wil require a new activation.

This is always the same story with most of software protection there is not any solution that works 100%. As I mentioned the google choice semmes to me the most customer oriented.

I plan to have my own Hyper-V terminal. Its a virtual computer that runs in software. The hardware never changes. I'll set one up and report back in this thread if it works or not, its worth an activation just to try it.

danielwoods:
I plan to have my own Hyper-V terminal. Its a virtual computer that runs in software. The hardware never changes. I'll set one up and report back in this thread if it works or not, its worth an activation just to try it.
Well, sure try, But I do not think it will work in the long run. The method is wrong!

My Hard drive fall down, Fortunately I regularly backup it. Just changed the hard drive with a NAS ready one and guess what? All my terminals Nt4 And MT5 gives "Invalid licenses" message...

Contacted the Service but who will handle my open trade until they will respond? The activation method this guys has implemented is really a pain in the ass. On top of that it seems that the service dek does not work during the weekend and there is not any way to assign a priority to my request.

My recommendation. Do not buy any item from this market unless they change their activation policies contact the developer and try to found out a direct deal.