MT4 behaviour Signal trading on multiple accounts

Hi !

I am currently experimenting automatic trading with trading signals from MQL5.Community. I am using MT4 latest build and demo accounts from the MetaQuotes Demo Server.

I opened three demo accounts in order to test three different signals and compare how they are performing. All three demo accounts are configured in my MT4 terminal. I subscribed to one trading signal on each account and I can see the trades opening and closing, so everything seems to work fine.

The big question is whether all accounts are connected in my MT4 terminal at the same time or only one of them at a time? I tend to think that only one account is connected at a time but I would like you confirmation.

If indeed only one account is connected at a time, then it is a bad situation for automatic trading with signals because the other accounts probably won't get any trading signal anymore until I connect to them manually and they will for sure miss closing signals from the signal providers...

Please could someone confirm this behaviour?

kind regards!

aktarus82:

Hi !

I am currently experimenting automatic trading with trading signals from MQL5.Community. I am using MT4 latest build and demo accounts from the MetaQuotes Demo Server.

I opened three demo accounts in order to test three different signals and compare how they are performing. All three demo accounts are configured in my MT4 terminal. I subscribed to one trading signal on each account and I can see the trades opening and closing, so everything seems to work fine.

The big question is whether all accounts are connected in my MT4 terminal at the same time or only one of them at a time? I tend to think that only one account is connected at a time but I would like you confirmation.

If indeed only one account is connected at a time, then it is a bad situation for automatic trading with signals because the other accounts probably won't get any trading signal anymore until I connect to them manually and they will for sure miss closing signals from the signal providers...

Please could someone confirm this behaviour?

kind regards!

all accounts have to be connected in your MT4 terminal at the same time