MT4 UI Text Size - page 2

Hi, Here is the solution in order to get bigger icons and text in MT4 with Surface Pro 3 without changing anything in Windows Parameters. I hope this will help you as it did it for me.

Verify that "Disable scaling on high DPI settings" is unchecked: right civk the MT4 icon->Properties->Compatibility tab.

How it is done:

Tell Windows to look for an external manifest file.

Create the external manifest files.

Step 1: Tell windows to prefer an external manifest file

As always, make sure you backup your registry and tread lightly in this area. We are just going to add one line. This is VERY simple. Do not be intimidated.

Press Windows Button + R, type "regedit", and then click OK.

Navigate to the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > SideBySide

Right-click, select NEW > DWORD (32 bit) Value

Type PreferExternalManifest, and then press ENTER.

Right-click PreferExternalManifest, and then click Modify.

Enter Value Data 1 and select Decimal.

Click OK. Exit Registry Editor

Step 2: Create and place the external manifest files

Now comes the fun part. You will just have to copy your manifest file to all of the application folders that you would like to change the scaling on. A manifest file in text editor named terminal.exe.manifest is to be created.

Download the manifest.txt below.

For Windows to use the external manifest file, you will have to change the name of the file to the executable of the application.

Now place this file in the same directory as your executable. This is valid for whatever program like photoshop.exe.manifest for instance. For Metatrader 4 it will be: terminal.exe.manifest

That is it! It should look great now. No need to reboot or change anything else.

Files:
manifest.txt  2 kb

If you reduce your screen resolution, pixels (and text) will appear bigger

SajidMughal399:
If you reduce your screen resolution, pixels (and text) will appear bigger

Yes SajidMughal399 but the icons still remain microscopic and you have to reduce/enlarge screen resolution each time you run/quit MT4.

With the solution I found in Internet, you just start the program and it is done. 

Mikhaly:
Hi, Here is the solution in order to get bigger icons and text in MT4 with Surface Pro 3 without changing anything in Windows Parameters. I hope this will help you as it did it for me.

Verify that "Disable scaling on high DPI settings" is unchecked: right civk the MT4 icon->Properties->Compatibility tab.

How it is done:

As always, make sure you backup your registry and tread lightly in this area. We are just going to add one line. This is VERY simple. Do not be intimidated.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > SideBySide

Now comes the fun part. You will just have to copy your manifest file to all of the application folders that you would like to change the scaling on. A manifest file in text editor named terminal.exe.manifest is to be created.

For Windows to use the external manifest file, you will have to change the name of the file to the executable of the application.

Now place this file in the same directory as your executable. This is valid for whatever program like photoshop.exe.manifest for instance. For Metatrader 4 it will be: terminal.exe.manifest

That is it! It should look great now. No need to reboot or change anything else.

Thanks, mate! It works perfectly!!!

Can someone create a youtube video for this, i still cannot make it.

Just bought a surface pro 4 and install Curency Strentgh Meter indicator and look so small, can someone help me

Mikhaly:

How it is done:

Mikhaly:

[...]

Neat trick, indeed. Kinda heard of that kind of injection long time, ago. 

I'm came across this post, because I want to archive something similar. My problem is the opposite, though:

I want to reduce the DPI for MT4. My eyes are good, I'm sitting close. I'd like to open 9 charts and see all my three indicator windows per chart. I have a huge resolution, already, but it's not enough to display all charts properly with all details. Scaling down the charts themselves can be worse, because a 1px line would blur out (sort off, using bitmap scaling). But what I would enjoy is smaller text, smaller UI elements, etc.

Anyone, any ideas?

Mikhaly:

How it is done:

I have a new gaming laptop with killer resolution and all MT4 indicators with text were unreadable. This worked perfectly to fix that. I can't thank you enough.