3 pips a day question.

I have a quick question concerning those people that have the goal of earning only 3 pips a day. I have seen people post here and other sites that they are happy getting 3 pips a day. I can not understand this and would like someone to explain to me why 3 pips a day would be a good thing (you could do so much better with practice!). There are EAs and trading methods out there that could get someone 6 to 10 pips serval times a day so it confuses me that someone would just settle for 3 a day. Are they using crazy lot sizes? 

Thank you for your reply in advance and take care!

Im of the same inclination so i think i can best answer your question because i feel the same way,with three pips a day,sure that like 3 cents,30cents depending on the lot size when you start out..say index X at 0.01 lot gets you three cents off that three pips at day one...but if your strategy is 100% guaranteed to get you that 3 pips daily with zero losses,if youre a long game kind of trader,this three pip game will get you,at say 50 lot..$150,this is usually after months and months of constant 3pips,sure it helps to get high pips but with that comes higher risk and risk means loss,if a 3 pip win a day means youre guaranteed a future $150 day return to then..and only then,start withdrawing,that is the ultimate long game,sure this is just theory for me because im still wrestling with trying to get a consistent take daily but thats the goal..but i get the plan,its a calculated long game im trying to get into as well

Jasper Tidigu:

That makes sense. So they must be using larger lot size. thank you