Best CPU for Metatrader 5 - page 2

Keith Watford:

You used the word "check" in one of your posts.
Metaquotes annoying feature of applying links to certain words will link GetTickCount64 to the word "check" for some strange reason!

User1421 probably thought that it was relevant as it appeared that you had linked to it.

doh!   thanks for the heads up Keith

Paul Anscombe:
No it just shows you how to use GetTickCount64. As you asked 
Have you started checking your stats when running yet? Until you start looking at things there is little to be done
And as Alain said have you checked your indicators   

I dont know how to use this or get any stats

i tried to paste it in Metaquotes Scripts but runnning it didnt show any latency

BTW i bought a new cpu and the lagg seems to still be on the charts on high volume spots

The weird thing is that it looks like graphical lagg, but i guess it could be broker lagg

I use an indicator called bclock that follows the price level and when it laggs the bclock follows the price (without lagging) while the candles lagg. But metatrader uses 5% cpu and i have a gtx 1070 card.

Hi,

We need some sort of a Bench Mark For Metatrader 5 EA, both for CPU and opencl.

Yes, i understand the advice of go with the budget and get a pc that make sense instead of buying 1 expensive part but,

We need to have this information for 2 reasons:
1) to see if we are renting AWS or azure or digital ocean or anyother type of server, which one would be the best choice.
2) for people like me who are upgrading their laptop or pc (i'm upgrading my laptop for work no matter what)

and have a ready open budget would want know which cpu option is best or which gpu is best.

like right now I have options for the intel i9-13980HX or -i9-13950hx or or ryzen 7945HX 
and for the GPU i have options of quadro RTX 3000 ada or rtx 4070 or rtx if i go which a model i like a tittle less (different body) rtx 4080
i'm probably going with a asus proart laptop. 

So if we can find a script for benchmark that everyone can agree on and we can all start posting our numbers and make it into a excel sheet for everyone to use would be super nice

-26 march 2023
-darkpowerxo

user1421:

Hi,  

so MT5 laggs when it squeezes / high volume

What is the best cpu to prevent lagg

1. High frequezy cpu with less cores

or

'2. Multicore cpu with less frequezy

i know MT5 uses multicores but does multicore actually prevent lagg better than a higher mhz cpu?

edit: i think i read somewhere that cores only work per index is that correct? cause i have many charts on one index, is one index limited to 1 core?

Help please

MT5 is not resource intensive software until you open 100+ chart or wish to trade with any multi symbol scanner or indicator which fetches data every 1 milliseconds.

I tested it on ATOM N2600 (oldest netbook processor) and it runs very smooth with 2 or 3 opened chart tab, however i have optimized my indicators to run on chartevent instead of running every time on Oncalculate or Ontick.