MT4 Terminal duplicating orders sent by my Expert Advisor - page 2

angevoyageur:
My conclusion is also that a second EA is running. I guess it's a VPS issue, but difficult to be sure. Let us know if you find something.
andrewcbr:

I am having the same problems (order already opened correctly - from the signal and then opened again with the same size) after the VPS issues.

Using Roboforex and their VPS server.

@angevoyageur, you're correct. It was a VPS issue.

@andrewcbr, I don't know if your problem has the same origin but this is what I found out on my case. 

There was nothing wrong neither with my EA,  nor the broker or the Metatrader4 Terminal. Here's what happened:

First I was going to uninstall the MT4 . But I didn't do it because I had to uninstall all the terminals even for the rest of the other EAs I have.

So I opened the Task Manager to check whether the EA was running elsewhere or not, and I found out that there were more terminal.exe than I had actually opened.

And only then I remembered exactly what I did on that sunday when my VPS restarted:

To ensure - or at least try to - that my EA is always running, I created a task with the "Task Scheduller" so that the terminal.exe runs at the start-up whether the user is logged in or not. Then I restarted the VPS to test my new task but I didn't see anything. So I though "Well, this is not working.. I guess I'll have to manually run it". And so, I manually double clicked on the terminal.exe icon at my Desktop.

BUT, the task was actually working fine. I just couldn't see the MT4 terminal at the User Interface because it was running hidden! And my EA was actually working in both terminals with the same account and that's why I couldn't see the repeated order at the logs from the MT4 Terminal I was seeing at my User Interface. 

Finally, through the Windows Task Manager I deleted all the terminal.exe that were running and I reopened just the ones I need. I also deleted the task I created for the terminal.exe to run at startup.

My EA is now running fine and opening just one order at a time.

henlatourrette:

@andrewcbr, I don't know if your problem has the same origin but this is what I found out on my case. 

There was nothing wrong neither with my EA,  nor the broker or the Metatrader4 Terminal. Here's what happened:

Good news, and thank you for this detailed explanation.

Henry Latourrette:

First I was going to uninstall the MT4 . But I didn't do it because I had to uninstall all the terminals even for the rest of the other EAs I have.

So I opened the Task Manager to check whether the EA was running elsewhere or not, and I found out that there were more terminal.exe than I had actually opened.

And only then I remembered exactly what I did on that sunday when my VPS restarted:

To ensure - or at least try to - that my EA is always running, I created a task with the "Task Scheduller" so that the terminal.exe runs at the start-up whether the user is logged in or not. Then I restarted the VPS to test my new task but I didn't see anything. So I though "Well, this is not working.. I guess I'll have to manually run it". And so, I manually double clicked on the terminal.exe icon at my Desktop.

BUT, the task was actually working fine. I just couldn't see the MT4 terminal at the User Interface because it was running hidden! And my EA was actually working in both terminals with the same account and that's why I couldn't see the repeated order at the logs from the MT4 Terminal I was seeing at my User Interface. 

Finally, through the Windows Task Manager I deleted all the terminal.exe that were running and I reopened just the ones I need. I also deleted the task I created for the terminal.exe to run at startup.

My EA is now running fine and opening just one order at a time.

You just saved me from a big trouble mate. Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.