Exert Advisor activation attempts

I recently purchased an Expert Advisor last week and it says I have 4 out of 5 activations left. The broker I am using the EA on has live and demo servers but I am currently testing on Demo and the demo account is blown. The broker does not allow me to add funds to demo accounts so I need to make a new demo account for forward-testing of the EA. If I open another demo account and use the EA on that account with a different account #, will I use 1 activation?

Another question I have is when I do open my live account with this same broker and use the EA for my live account, does this use 1 activation? 

If you bought EA from the Market so one activation is per hardware + software (Operation System).
It means the following: one activation is per computer.
You may have many Metatrader instances on your computer and/or any trading accounts with any broker but it is same one activation.
More information: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

But there is some situation when the Windows is updated and this one activation may be lost because of that - for example:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

i lost all my paid indicator because windows 10 update

Sergey Golubev, 2020.11.21 15:37

Some Windows 10 updates (key updates) look like the completely independent Operation System (OS) to be installed on the computer (and the activation is per OS as well).
So, there is no way to keep same activation within Windows 10 in case this Windows 10 is going to make an updates which are affected on all OS for example (it is related to Microsoft; it is not related to MetaQuotes).

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market