Why do brokers unlist MT5 and keep MT4 ?

Hi everybody, 

I'm currently developing and trading FOREX on MT4, but planning to switch to MT5, mainly to enjoy the object oriented features of MQL5 and the better backtesting capabilities of MT5.

While searching for some FOREX brokers offering MT5, I saw that the MT5 adoption was slow (and I know that there are some topics already talking about the reasons why), but 9 years later, it seems to be ok now.

I already have a good picture of the pros and cons of each platform, and the point here is not to open one more topic about that.

The thing that is really worrying me is that some brokers were offering MT5 platform at some point, and finally decided to rollback to MT4 platform.

So my question is : why would they do that ? Because of bugs ? Because of traders complaining about MT5 ? Something else ?

Sorry if that has already been asked, but I couldn't find any answers on that topic.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Maybe you should ask them!

William Roeder:
Maybe you should ask them!

Really good question, same than mine.

I didn't find any kind of answer. Maybe the new license is too high for the broker, but really I don't know whay but you are completely right

Luca