Can no Longer load and Edit Custom Indicators in MT4

Hello MQL5 community

I hope this is an issue someone can help me with.

A new build of MT4 is upon us.  However, I have been having some FATAL issues with my custom indicators.  The nature of the issue is as follows:

• Dragging a custom indicator onto an MT4 chart freezes the program.  No error message shows up.
  • Loading custom indicators from a custom template can be done, but attempting to edit a custom indicator freezes the program. No error message shows up.
  • Indicators that come with MT4 work fine.
  • My custom scripts work fine.

In each instance when MT4 freezes, I need to close out the process VIA task manager.

This has made algo backtesting impossible.

Is there anyone else who has had this issue in the past?  If so, how did you or he/she fix it.

Thanks!

mjwarner702:

• Dragging a custom indicator onto an MT4 chart freezes the program.  No error message shows up.

• Loading custom indicators from a custom template can be done, but attempting to edit a custom indicator freezes the program. No error message shows up.
  • Indicators that come with MT4 work fine.
  • My custom scripts work fine.
  1. Your indicator is broken — not returning.
  2. Your indicator is broken.
  3. They are not broken.
  4. So what?

William Roeder:
  1. Your indicator is broken — not returning.
  2. Your indicator is broken.
  3. They are not broken.
  4. So what?
It doesn't matter which custom indicator I load.  None of them work.

“Doesn't work” is meaningless — just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
          When asking about code

Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. Always post all relevant code (using SRC).
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
          Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

Fix your broken code.

With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any useful information for that.

My CIs work just fine on 1310.