Indicator on the Market

Hi All,

I just had a wonderful experience downloading a free indicator and receiving support from the owner despite the owner not wanting to share the code but just his buffers.

The experience was so wonderful I got suspicious and this led to the following question.

Can someone put a indicator on the market to collect data or even do damage to my system through any functions like Directx or other?

does the code (expert or indicators) on the market get moderated or inspected?

Ernie Gunning:

Hi All,

I just had a wonderful experience downloading a free indicator and receiving support from the owner despite the owner not wanting to share the code but just his buffers.

The experience was so wonderful I got suspicious and this led to the following question.

Can someone put a indicator on the market to collect data or even do damage to my system through any functions like Directx or other?

does the code (expert or indicators) on the market get moderated or inspected?

Highly unlikely . 

• Even if it were to communicate account data somewhere , it would not be able to do so without the contact url adress being specified by the user (you) in the MetaTrader options.
  • Dlls are not allowed.
  • The maximum malice possible -via market- is to delete your Files subfolder contents (not eas or indicators ,files in the common folder)
  • and trade on the max lot until margin is depleted.[unlikely with an indicator]
  • and open charts until your system crashes

The fact the creator will not share the code does not indicate hidden stuff in the code .
If you get in their shoes , they built a tool , offered it for free (maybe even for promotional reasons) ,
and you also want the code -for free i bet- or else theres malice .

No ,does not go that way .