Charts Disappear

Hi All, 

I have been running an EA synced with a server purchased through MLQ5. I have not adjusted the settings recently or added charts/currency pairs. It usually runs smoothly and I occasionally check in from my desktop - there are times I may leave MT4 open in the background on my computer. However, this morning I went to my MT4 to adjust some settings and re-sync with the service and every chart is gone, it is just the grey background screen of MT4 - there should be about 10-12 charts. I have tried to open deleted charts, but all it does is bring back the currency pair and show the open orders but the EA is gone. The server is still running the EA and settings that I selected prior to this issue. 

How can I retrieve my settings and charts from the server, ensuring that I have not duplicated any currency pairs ?(because I don't mind setting up the charts again and re-syncing, I am just afraid that will duplicate them or mess up the EA that is currently running on the server.) Also, how can I ensure that my charts do not disappear in the future, as in do we know what could have caused this? 

Many thanks, 

1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum?
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. There are no settings or charts on a server — they are on your terminal. There is no EA running on a server — they run on your chart (or VPS).
  3. We have no idea what happened to your machine — we can only guess and you haven't provided any information for that.
  4. Shutdown the terminal, wait at least 30 seconds for the executable actually exit, and restart. Fix whatever is wrong.
  5. You should have set up the first chart the way you wanted it (including the EA). Then saved a template (Default) so fixing all charts would be easy.
  6. Once done, shutdown again so everything has been saved to disk.