signals problem

Hello, I'm copying a signal and there are some issues I found.

First is there are massive slippage, SOMETIMES trades that are in profit on the seller's side closed on a loss on mine. The slippage indicator is shown to be good the seller's using Tickmill broker and I'm using Pepperstone. Don't think I've experienced this before copying from another seller.

Then, I found that there is an open position that isn't opened by the seller. But, the MT4 trade log shows it is coming from the seller (position was already closed automatically too).

Can anybody help me, what is wrong with this? Is it normal broker latency/spread problem? But how about the uncalled trade that was opened on my side?

Thanks.

contompo:

Hello, I'm copying a signal and there are some issues I found.

First is there are massive slippage, SOMETIMES trades that are in profit on the seller's side closed on a loss on mine. The slippage indicator is shown to be good the seller's using Tickmill broker and I'm using Pepperstone. Don't think I've experienced this before copying from another seller.

Then, I found that there is an open position that isn't opened by the seller. But, the MT4 trade log shows it is coming from the seller (position was already closed automatically too).

Can anybody help me, what is wrong with this? Is it normal broker latency/spread problem? But how about the uncalled trade that was opened on my side?

Thanks.

Slippage has to do with individual servers of a specific broker and also with instruments (slippage can be quite acceptable for EURUSD for example, but high for GBPJPY).

If your slippage is too high, you may want to try an alternative server of the same broker or a different broker/server setup.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Slippage has to do with individual servers of a specific broker and also with instruments (slippage can be quite acceptable for EURUSD for example, but high for GBPJPY).

If your slippage is too high, you may want to try an alternative server of the same broker or a different broker/server setup.

There was like 7 pips slippage, but ok maybe it's acceptable. But how about the unknown trade that is opened?

contompo:
There was like 7 pips slippage, but ok maybe it's acceptable. But how about the unknown trade that is opened?

If a trade was opened and closed instantly, it may not be recorded in signal provider's side.

If you didn't open it, it has been copied from the signal's side I guess.

You can always ask him/her.

Hi guys, I have just started to copy a signal in MQL5.com but when I go into tools in my MT4 then options the tab "Signals" is not there is there any other way to change the settings to copy trades thank you.

Vonage2014:

Hi guys, I have just started to copy a signal in MQL5.com but when I go into tools in my MT4 then options the tab "Signals" is not there is there any other way to change the settings to copy trades thank you.

Signal copying has nothing to do with Expert Advisors.

Make sure you've done everything as described here: 

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422  (MT5)