Refund from vendor

the vendor I purchased an EA from has been banned and has requested a refund on my behalf. How do I go about about retrieving these funds? 

If the vendor was banned or his product was deleted so you can still use it in case you purchased it before his ban and before deleting: this EA is still in your Metatrader and ready to install and to use.
It means: I do not think th .e refund is available in this case (any refund cases should be written in the rules, in case of the Market - in the Market Rules here).
Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
The Market section of mql5.com is a service for safe purchasing and selling of programs written in the MQL5/MQL4 language, hereinafter referred to as Products. The "Market" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users aged 18 and older, who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Market Terms of Use...

Hi, I just purchased your <name removed> which only works with MetaTrader and I did not realise this at the time of purchase, can I be refunded in full as I will not be able to use it. Mandy

kaschmier321:
Hi, I just purchased your <name removed> which only works with MetaTrader and I did not realise this at the time of purchase, can I be refunded in full as I will not be able to use it. Mandy

You can cancel your purchase and get a full refund if you do so within 7 days of the date of your original purchase and haven't activated it in any Metatrader terminal.