Scalping strategy

hello everyone, hope you have better weather than in Switzerland. Here it's raining for a whole week now. :-(

I heard a lot about scalping. A lot of people say that they do scalping, but I didn't know exactly what this means. After I googled it it's a bit more clear. (Now I understand that scalping means, that someone trades on small timeframes like 1m, 5m or even tick-chart and the average holding time of positions is very short) The question I have is the following: Which strategy do you use to enter the market and when do you close positions? Until now I found a strategy based on 5 Moving averages and one using the bollinger bands and the stochastic oscillator, but I'm not sure if I can trust them. What strategy do you use? It would be very helpfull for me if you could tell how do you scalp. I also want to mention that now I'm not interessted in an Expert advisor. First I want to trade manually and decide then, if I want to develop an EA. Thank a lot

cornesti:

hello everyone, hope you have better weather than in Switzerland. Here it's raining for a whole week now. :-(

I heard a lot about scalping. A lot of people say that they do scalping, but I didn't know exactly what this means. After I googled it it's a bit more clear. (Now I understand that scalping means, that someone trades on small timeframes like 1m, 5m or even tick-chart and the average holding time of positions is very short) The question I have is the following: Which strategy do you use to enter the market and when do you close positions? Until now I found a strategy based on 5 Moving averages and one using the bollinger bands and the stochastic oscillator, but I'm not sure if I can trust them. What strategy do you use? It would be very helpfull for me if you could tell how do you scalp. I also want to mention that now I'm not interessted in an Expert advisor. First I want to trade manually and decide then, if I want to develop an EA. Thank a lot

Hi carnesti,

There are few good articles about scalping so you may go here and read about.

newdigital:

Hi carnesti,

There are few good articles about scalping so you may go here and read about.

thank you a lot for the fast answer