ea secrecy

hi,

Is that a good idea that your broker knows about your EA strategy? my broker seems very friendly, even offering coding services and vps for my ea, but because all the talk about mm, ecn, stp etc, etc, I'm really insecure if I can talk about  this things with them or not. also, if i had a 1st tier broker, would I be able to disclose such information? I'm just tired of all this...all i want is trade in peace...

tickTrader:

hi,

Is that a good idea that your broker knows about your EA strategy? my broker seems very friendly, even offering coding services and vps for my ea, but because all the talk about mm, ecn, stp etc, etc, I'm really insecure if I can talk about  this things with them or not. also, if i had a 1st tier broker, would I be able to disclose such information? I'm just tired of all this...all i want is trade in peace...

It is not a good idea to disclose your trading strategy with your broker, be it manual or automatic trading. Keep it to yourself. VPS offered by brokers can be a good solution if its can reduced latency.

matfx:
It is not a good idea to disclose your trading strategy with your broker, be it manual or automatic trading. Keep it to yourself. VPS offered by brokers can be a good solution if its can reduced latency.

hello matfx,

thanks for the info, I was thinking about that, but i wasn't quite sure. So, definitely my broker is wierd, because he wouldn't offer those things in first place, if is not really recommended...It just feels like a nightmare all this broker talk, anyway...I was calling today a a clearing only company(i can pm you the name if you want to know), but they asked me an equity of 500k AND 1 year trading with high volume to be accepted :/(if you know any other clearing service that doesn't have so much requirements, pls pm me). Eh, I guess I will have to stay in the broker jungle some more time than I thought.

regarding the vps, I know is nice the vps to reduce latency, but it wouldn't be risky to trust a vps provider that has connection with the broker? I mean, they would have a copy of the program with them, wouldn't it be possible that it "leaked" somehow (paranoia, lol)?