EA not opening long or short positions only

Hi,

I am using an EA which is working great for long and short positions combined. 

I am looking to trial an account with long positions only and a separate account with short positions only.

However when i select either long or short positions only in the common section, it will either not open a trade, or will open a trade and when i close it, it does not then open another trade as it does with the combined long and short position setting.

Can any one guide me as to why no new trades are opening? Journal says EA is loaded successfully and there is a smiling face on the chart.

Thanks

Lewis

Lewis Halliday:

Hi,

I am using an EA which is working great for long and short positions combined. 

I am looking to trial an account with long positions only and a separate account with short positions only.

However when i select either long or short positions only in the common section, it will either not open a trade, or will open a trade and when i close it, it does not then open another trade as it does with the combined long and short position setting.

Can any one guide me as to why no new trades are opening? Journal says EA is loaded successfully and there is a smiling face on the chart.

Thanks

Lewis

You need to look at the code structure. Possibly, there is 1 deal that logically clings to another. And when you give restrictions - the logic goes astray. Also, this happens when the main logic of the adviser is written in the start () function