Can we disable Automatic update

Hello,

For testing purpose, I do agree that it is interresting to have the last release to avoid regression issues, but if we plan to go live it is not possible to imagine running an EA tested on a pre-release. If each time we are lauching Terminal we are updating automatically to the last release, we will run an EA on a non tested version on a live account. This is not possible! Is it possible to disable that automatic update?

Regards, 

Yes we need this feature. I got different results with Tester build 404 and 408.  I am unable to get hold of 404 in order to see where the problem is ?

Unfortunately you can't.

alexvd:
Unfortunately you can't.

Hi Alexvd,

Can we dream for a checkbox on Tools --> Option forms, Server tab? 

Regards, 

och:

Hi Alexvd,

Can we dream for a checkbox on Tools --> Option forms, Server tab? 

Regards, 

:)

This dream will never come true.

Just block the update server in your firewall.

alexvd:

Hi Alexvd,

Why? This is AMAZING!

Let's imagine that our EA is running on a dedicated server in a datacenter, for some reason the server is reboot, Terminal.exe is relaunched with a new release, our EA has not been tested on that new release as it is automatic. 

Can you please explain the stratagy from Metaquotes about this functionnality. To be honest, I am deploying ERP system in medium and large companies. Each time we plan to put in place a release or a fix, we need to prove that all regression tests have been conducted both internally and with the customer team. We can not risk that one process of the company is not working in the same way than before the patch/release. How can Metaquotes can imagine that we are going to risk our money with a new non-tested solution? 

I will appreciate a response from Metaquotes.

Regards,

Olivier 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Chart Constants / Types of Chart Events - Documentation on MQL5

enivid:

Just block the update server in your firewall.

Hi enivid,

Good idea, but there is no specific update program. It is part of Terminal.exe, so if you block terminal.exe in your firewall, you will not received quotes neither. Quit concerning for a trading software! What is your suggestion?

Regards,

Olivier 

och:

Hi enivid,

Good idea, but there is no specific update program. It is part of Terminal.exe, so if you block terminal.exe in your firewall, you will not received quotes neither. Quit concerning for a trading software! What is your suggestion?

Regards,

Olivier 

Allow Terminal.exe to connect only to the trading server IP, block other connections.

Hey guys. I found one more way how to disable MT4 auto update - http://pipburner.com/how-to-disable-live-update-in-mt4/ And I guess it is the easiest one Regards, Bruce
How to Disable MetaTrader 4 Live Update Function
  • pipburner.com
Recently, I have published an article regarding the bug with Meta Trader 4 build 418 where I described how to downgrade it to the previous stable version. A lot of traders followed my advices but faced a new problem. The Meta Trader live update module consistently requests traders to update their terminals every time they open the platform. In...

alexvd:

It's a live update !!!,

Live with it !!!

LOL