How to calculate drop down to stop out(stop loss).

Dear experienced traders, 

Could you help me with a basic question? 

I try to find out what is stop out(stop loss), but I can't really understand that. 

One case in a real account, my broker's stop out was 50% and the account's leverage was 1:100. 

My balance was around $760, I thought it will be blow up if the float loss increase more over than 380, but it didn't. 

Finally, the maximum draw down increase to more than 60%(more than 460 float loss) at that day, and it didn't blew up. 

Do you know what does it mean when the broker said the stop out is 50%? 

Why the system didn't stop my trade even the maximum draw down was more than 60%, but the account stop out was 50%?

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

Sky L:

Dear experienced traders, 

Could you help me with a basic question? 

I try to find out what is stop out(stop loss), but I can't really understand that. 

One case in a real account, my broker's stop out was 50% and the account's leverage was 1:100. 

My balance was around $760, I thought it will be blow up if the float loss increase more over than 380, but it didn't. 

Finally, the maximum draw down increase to more than 60%(more than 460 float loss) at that day, and it didn't blew up. 

Do you know what does it mean when the broker said the stop out is 50%? 

Why the system didn't stop my trade even the maximum draw down was more than 60%, but the account stop out was 50%?

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

Please be aware that MARGIN LEVEL is NOT percentage of account balance.

For excellent explanation, please refer to 
https://www.babypips.com/learn/forex/what-is-margin-level

What is Margin Level?
  • www.babypips.com
What does “Margin Level” mean? The Margin Level is the percentage (%) value based on the amount of Equity versus Used Margin. Margin Level allows you to know how much of your funds are available for new trades. The higher the Margin Level, the more Free Margin you have available to trade. The lower the Margin Level, the less Free Margin...

Soewono Effendi:

Please be aware that MARGIN LEVEL is NOT percentage of account balance.

For excellent explanation, please refer to 
https://www.babypips.com/learn/forex/what-is-margin-level

Thank you, Soewono.