VTSO

Hi there,

I'm looking for info about VTSO . I would like to know how that is working internally, in the code, some sample would be nice. All I know is that it is virtual. Also, I would like to know if before placing a VTSO i need to place a normal stop loss order in order for the VTSO work. Thanks

What is "VTSO" ?

is a virtual trailing stop order

Hi tT

Each EA would be coded slightly differently depending on the logic of the trailing stop. But basically, every tick the logic is run to see if the current price meets or exceeds the trailing stop price. If it does then the EA simply closes the order at the current market price.

There is no need to place a normal stop loss for this to work however, you will often see an "emergency" stop loss put in place well outside the range of the trail stop. This is useful if the EA crashes or the VPS drops connection with the trade server etc.

Filter

Filter:
Hi tT

Each EA would be coded slightly differently depending on the logic of the trailing stop. But basically, every tick the logic is run to see if the current price meets or exceeds the trailing stop price. If it does then the EA simply closes the order at the current market price.

There is no need to place a normal stop loss for this to work however, you will often see an "emergency" stop loss put in place well outside the range of the trail stop. This is useful if the EA crashes or the VPS drops connection with the trade server etc.

Filter

Hello Filter,

thanks for the info, I was thinking just that,  but I wasn't quite sure. So I should definitely use this "emergency" SL in case EA goes off line.